With more than 30 years of experience working to heal hearts, the Cotton-O'Neil Heart Center has combined cutting-edge technology with compassion to become unrivaled in the area of cardiovascular care throughout Kansas. Our team of cardiologists have been recruited from some of the most renowned training programs in the world.
Our team of cardiovascular caregivers is continuously improving our capabilities and compliance scores. The following is just a few of the accomplishments this team, based at the Stormont-Vail and the Cotton-O’Neil Heart Center, has achieved within the past year:
- As an accredited Chest Pain Center, our interventional cardiologists are interrupting heart attacks as quickly as 15-minutes after the patient arrives at Stormont-Vail.
- As an accredited Heart Failure program, our heart failure patients are receiving treatment in an accredited cardiac facility designated by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- The Intersocietal Commission provided our echocardiography lab with an Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories. This ensures that all lab staff are maintaining quality patient care and standards of excellence for every patient.
- The Intersocietal Commission provided our vascular lab an Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories. This ensures that all lab staff are maintaining or exceeding standards of excellence in diagnostic vascular testing.
- Our cardiac rehab program is one of only four certified programs within the state of Kansas. This top-notch rehabilitation and education program is divided into four levels designed to help you restore health to the heart.
- Our cardiovascular service line received a number one ranking among 461 hospitals across the nation who participated in a national study monitored by the American College of Cardiology and the National Cardiovascular Data Registry. This ranking reflects very positively on our capabilities but more importantly improves positive outcomes for our heart attack patients.
- Our cardiovascular service line received the American College of Cardiology Foundation’s/National Cardiovascular Data Registry – Get With The Guidelines Gold Performance Achievement Award for 2011. We are one out of only 167 hospitals nationwide to receive this award and this is the third consecutive year that the service line has received this designation. For heart attack patients this means that we are practicing a higher standard of care and we are continually meeting or surpassing national standards outlined by the American College of Cardiology and the American Heart Association.
Life Line Screenings
Stormont-Vail HealthCare is working with Life Line Screening, the leading provider of community-based health screening services in the United States, to promote important preventative screenings to the local community. The screenings look for risk factors related to stroke, carotid artery disease, irregular heart rhythm, abdominal aortic aneurysm, peripheral arterial disease and osteoporosis. To find a screening location near you, visit www.lifelinescreening.com
Gold Performance Achievement Award
The Stormont-Vail HealthCare Cardiovascular Service Line has received the American College of Cardiology Foundation's NCDR ACTION Registry-GWTG Gold Performance Achievement Award for 2011 - one of only 167 hospitals nationwide to do so. This is the third consecutive year that the facility has received this designation. The award recognizes Stormont-Vail's commitment and success in implementing a higher standard of care for heart attack patients, and signifies that Stormont-Vail has reached an aggressive goal of treating these patients to standard levels of care as outlined by the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association clinical guidelines and recommendations.
»» Read more
The Cotton-O'Neil Heart Center cares for people throughout northeast Kansas. To learn more about our services, call (785) 270-4000.