1500 S.W. 10th Ave.
Topeka, KS 66604
Adult Volunteer Program
Ages 18 and Older
Thank You for Your Interest!
You Can Make a Big Difference!
- Application (link below) will be accepted year round.
- A commitment of at least one shift per week (or 2 shifts per month) for a 6-month commitment is required.
- Genuine interest in being of service to others
- Complete the application process and participate in a free health assessment and mandatory orientation/training sessions, as required.
- Volunteers purchase their own uniforms ($20 or $28 depending on the style they choose).
TO APPLY – Complete these 4 steps:
Step 1: Submit Adult Volunteer Application online and immediately continue with steps 2 and 3. (If you are a COLLEGE STUDENT, click on the appropriate link: College Summer Program or College Academic School Year Program.)
Step 2: Print the following links and complete the forms. Bring them with you to your interview, along with a copy of your current immunizations.
- A copy of your current immunization record.
- Review the list of volunteer assignments at Volunteer Opportunities.
- Pre-Volunteer Health Review
- Vaccination Declination Statement
- Seasonal Influenza Consent Form During the flu season only (Sept – May), the flu vaccination is required for all volunteers and will be given free of charge at the volunteer health assessment, scheduled when volunteer placement occurs.
Step 3: Schedule a mandatory interview by calling (785) 354-6095 (Monday through Friday – 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).
- Location: All interviews will be held in the Volunteers office, North Patient Tower, Basement Level. Follow signs from the hospital’s main entrance. Please allow 1/2 hour to complete the interview process.
- BRING COMPLETED FORMS TO THE INTERVIEW.
- If age 18 or over, complete an additional form at the interview which will ask for your Social Security number and name affiliations for a criminal background check.
- If accepted, volunteer placement will also be provided at the conclusion of the interview. Details about the mandatory orientation and health assessment will be given at that time.
Step 4: Attend a mandatory orientation. Information regarding dates and locations will be given at the time of the interview.
Preparing for First Day
After the orientation, you will be contacted by a Volunteers staff member to set a date for your first day of volunteer service.
On their first day, volunteers report to the Volunteers Department to receive their ID badge, sign final paperwork and get introduced to their volunteer area.