830 S.W. Mulvane
Topeka, Kan. 66606
Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
The cardiothoracic and vascular surgeons at the Cotton O’Neil Clinic are the leading heart surgeons in the region. In 1975, the group’s founding partners performed the first open-heart surgery in northeast Kansas at Stormont Vail, and today these surgeons continue to lead the way by introducing innovative and less invasive cardiothoracic and vascular surgical procedures that give new hope to patients living with heart disease.
The surgeons practice some of the latest trends in cardiothoracic and vascular surgery including minimally invasive procedures that are known to provide the same beneficial results as conventional surgery but offer the benefits including smaller incisions, shorter length of hospitalization, less bleeding and risk of infection and faster recovery time. The less invasive procedures allow for a surgical approach through very small keyhole incisions.
Surgery specialties include:
- Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation
- Endovascular repair of Thoracic and Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Radio-frequency Ablation of Varicose Veins
- Micro-invasive Thoracic Sympathectomy
- VC Filter Placement
- Peripheral Angiogram and Stenting
- Peripheral Vascular and Carotid Surgery
- Lung Cancer and Infections (Video Assisted)
- Esophageal Surgery
- Heart Surgery, including: Off-pump and minimally invasive options