BIG HEARTS Golf Tournament
The 21st annual BIG HEARTS Golf Tournament will be held on Monday, Sept. 20, 2021 at the Topeka Country Club. Hospital Assistance Program is our Presenting Sponsor with Goodell, Stratton, Edmonds and Palmer, Lockton Companies, and McElroy’s serving as Title Sponsors. Dan and Paula Beal are the honorary co-chairs.
Sponsorship opportunities are available. 2021 Big HEARTS Sponsorship Brochure
This year’s tournament will benefit expansion and renovations at the Cotton O’Neil Cancer Center. When completed, this project will add four new oncology exams rooms, three rooms for co-location of Surgery, Palliative Medicine, and Behavioral Health services, six additional infusion bays, and create Centers of Excellence for Breast and Colorectal Cancer. This is part of an even larger plan that includes construction of a two-story building that will house pharmacy and clinical research programs currently located within the Cancer Center.
Each year, the Cancer Center cares for nearly 6,000 patients logging some 140,000 patient encounters. Unfortunately that number is projected to grow over the next five years, with a projected 6% increase in clinic visits and 12% for chemotherapy services. This project is designed to meet this increased demand and while also addressing the complex needs of these patients by creating a “one-stop” approach to cancer care.
For more information contact us at 785-354-5995.
The signature program of the Stormont Vail Foundation, the Care Line helps patients overcome barriers to better health and healing. Examples of Care Line support include prescriptions, durable medical equipment, clothing, transportation assistance, meals and temporary lodging. The Care Line is funded through grants and private gifts, including those by 691 Stormont Vail Health employees.
In 2020, the Care Line provided assistance to more than 11,000 patients and their families meeting 15,667 needs, including:
- More than $200 in meal and transportation assistance for a Manhattan family whose newborn spent a month in our Neonatal Intensive Care.
- Prescription assistance of $230 for a chemotherapy drug for a Cancer Center patient on a limited income.
- Meal and lodging assistance totaling nearly $500 for parents whose newborn spent three weeks in our Neonatal Intensive Care.
- $158 for insulin and supplies for an uninsured newly diagnosed diabetic patient.
Services and Departments
As a donor, you can choose how your gift is put to work at Stormont Vail Health. You can designate your donation to support specific areas of patient care, medical equipment, staff education, facilities and more. Some of our funds include:
- Cancer Care
- Cardiac Care/The Heart Center
- Children’s Endowment
- Trauma and Emergency Services
- Nursing scholarships
- Continuing education
Contact the Foundation at 785-354-6851 for additional information or to discuss your contribution to Stormont Vail.
Where Most Needed Fund
Gifts to the Where Most Needed Fund provide the Foundation the flexibility to direct funding to the areas of greatest need. Programs with a limited timeframe or those in need of startup funding often benefit from gifts to the Where Most Needed Fund.
Children’s Endowment Fund
The Children’s Endowment Fund supports important services and programs for pediatric patients at Stormont Vail Health. Some of the programs that have benefitted from the Children’s Endowment Fund include:
- Level III, 37-bed Neonatal Intensive Care department serving all of northeast Kansas
The Birthplace, where nearly 2,000 babies are born every year
- The Breastfeeding Center for teaching new moms and moms-to-be the benefits of breastfeeding
- 20-bed Pediatric/Adolescent Department
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner/Sexual Assault Response Team Program (SANE/SART)
- Child and Adolescent Behavioral Medicine Program at Stormont Vail Behavioral Health Center
By making a planned gift to the Stormont Vail Foundation, you can create a lasting legacy of care and hope. Planned giving is the process of making a significant charitable gift during your life or at death that is part of your financial or estate plan. Some planned gifts provide life-long income to you or your loved ones. Other gift plans use estate and tax planning to maximize your personal and charitable goals.
To learn more visit our Planned Giving page or contact us at 785-354-6851.