BIG HEARTS Golf Tournament
Held the third Monday in September, the BIG HEARTS Golf Tournament raises funds for Stormont Vail Health programs and services. Since its inception in 2001, this annual event has raised more than $2.5 million thanks to the generous support of sponsors and friends of the tournament.
Our 21st annual tournament will be held Sept. 20, 2021 at the Topeka Country Club. Dan and Paula Beal are our honorary co-chairs. For more information contact us at 785-354-5995.
The signature program of the Stormont Vail Foundation, the Care Line helps patients overcome barriers to better health and healing. Examples of Care Line support include prescriptions, durable medical equipment, clothing, transportation assistance, meals and temporary lodging.
In 2019, the Care Line provided assistance to 9,891 patients and their families meeting more than 16,000 needs, including:
- $200 in gas vouchers for an Emporia-area Cancer Center patient on a fixed income needing transportation help to get to daily treatments
- More than $300 in prescription assistance for an eight-year-old uninsured patient needing Tamiful.
- Meal and lodging assistance totaling nearly $500 for parents whose newborn spent three weeks in our Neonatal Intensive Care
The Care Line is funded through grants and private gifts, including those by Stormont Vail Health employees.
- The Friends of the Care Line recognizes donors of $1,000 or more annually in support of the program. (Link to Friends of the Care Line file)
- As part of the 2017 Stormont Vail Health employee campaign, 453 physicians and staff contributed nearly $91,500 to the Care Line.
For more information about the Care Line, or to make a donation, contact the Foundation at (785) 354-6851.
Where Most Needed Fund
Gifts to the Where Most Needed Fund provide the Foundation the flexibility to direct funding to the areas of greatest need. Programs with a limited timeframe or those in need of startup funding often benefit from gifts to the Where Most Needed Fund.
Children’s Endowment Fund
The Children’s Endowment Fund supports important services and programs for pediatric patients at Stormont Vail Health. Some of the programs that have benefitted from the Children’s Endowment Fund include:
- Level III, 37-bed Neonatal Intensive Care department serving all of northeast Kansas
The Birthplace, where nearly 2,000 babies are born every year
- The Breastfeeding Center for teaching new moms and moms-to-be the benefits of breastfeeding
- 20-bed Pediatric/Adolescent Department
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner/Sexual Assault Response Team Program (SANE/SART)
- Child and Adolescent Behavioral Medicine Program at Stormont Vail Behavioral Health Center
Leaving a Legacy
The Stormont Vail Foundation invites you to help make a difference in the health of our community by making a donation. Because the Foundation’s operations are underwritten by Stormont Vail Health, 100% of your gift is directed to the fund of your choice.