About the Scholarships
The Stormont Vail Health Auxiliary Student Volunteer Scholarship program assists students interested in a health-related career. Two scholarship programs are available: the Maynard Oliverius Youth Leadership in Healthcare Scholarship for two recipients and the Student Volunteer scholarships for four recipients. Students may submit for one or both scholarships.
Deadline to submit an application is March 1.
Maynard Oliverius Youth Leadership in Healthcare Scholarship
The Maynard Oliverius Youth Leadership in Healthcare Scholarship was designed to assist students interested in careers in the medical field. This program is funded through the Stormont Vail Foundation by an endowment established by the Stormont Vail Health Auxiliary in recognition of the contributions made by Maynard Oliverius during his tenure as CEO of Stormont Vail Health. First priority will be given to students attending Fort Hays State University, or other Kansas school. The scholarship is awarded to two recipients in the amount of $2,500 each.
Stormont Vail Health Auxiliary Student Volunteer Scholarship (SVHASVS)
The Stormont Vail Health Auxiliary Student Volunteer Scholarship was designed to financially assist students interested in a health related career. Priority will be given to students attending a Kansas school. This scholarship is awarded to four recipients in the amount of $1,000 each.
- Any high school senior or college student who has been accepted at a two or four year college or university, a vocational or technical school (SVHASVS only) or a community college leading to certification, licensure, registration or other qualification to perform in a medical or allied health field. Proof of enrollment or acceptance is required
- Completion of a minimum of 50 hours of volunteer service at Stormont Vail Health.
- Cumulative grade point average must be 2.5 or above (high school and college).
- Willing to participate in an interview with Scholarship Committee, if requested.
Each application must include all of the following components:
- Completed Scholarship Application Form.
- Official high school or university transcript.
- Acceptance letter or proof of enrollment from school attending.
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, professor or a Stormont Vail Health supervisor in the area you volunteered.
- One-page essay indicating your desire to pursue a health care career and general strategy on how you plan to accomplish this goal.
Application forms are available at the link below, or by contacting Stormont Vail Health, Volunteer Services, (785) 354-6095, volunteerdept@StormontVail.org.
Return completed application, transcript, acceptance letter, essay, and letter of recommendation by March 1 to:
Beverly Rice, Director Volunteer Services
Stormont Vail Health Auxiliary
1500 SW 10th Ave., Topeka, KS 66604-1353
(785) 354-6084 | FAX (785) 354-5812