- Applications will be accepted July 1 through Jan. 11.
- A commitment of at least one shift per week (or 2 shifts per month) for a 6-month commitment is required. Volunteers who submit applications after November 1 make a commitment through May.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Genuine interest in being of service to others
- Complete the application process and participate in a free health assessment and mandatory orientation/training sessions, as required.
- If you are under age 18, you must have permission from a parent or guardian to participate.
- Volunteers purchase their own uniforms ($20 or $30 depending on the style they choose).
How to Apply
- Submit the College Volunteer Application online, and immediately continue with steps 2 and 3.
- Print the following links and complete the forms. Bring them with you to your interview, along with a copy of your current immunizations.
- The copy of your immunization record should include two (2) measles, mumps, rubella immunizations (MMR) and varicella (chicken pox) immunizations.
- Review the 2018-19 Academic School Year Program Opportunities to use to complete the Academic school year placement information sheet below. Opportunities will be updated by Sept. 1.
- Seasonal Influenza Consent Form – During the flu season only (Sept – May), the flu vaccination is required for all volunteers and will be given free of charge at the volunteer health assessment, scheduled when volunteer placement occurs.
- Academic School Year Placement Information Sheet
- Background Check Authorization – A background check is completed for all volunteers age 18 or older.
- OIG – EPLS Form – All volunteers age 18 complete this form.
- Review Uniform Requirements and print the Uniform Order Form. You will be asked to provide your uniform size when you schedule your interview. Bring the completed order form to your interview. If accepted, your uniform will be ready by your first day of volunteering. Cost is $20. (Exact cash or checks are payable to Stormont Vail Health).
- Schedule a mandatory interview by calling (785) 354-6095 (Monday through Friday – 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- Location: All interviews will be held in the Volunteers office, North Patient Tower, Basement Level. Follow signs from the hospital’s main entrance. Please allow 1/2 hour to complete the interview process.
- Bring copy of current immunizations and completed forms to the interview.
- If age 18 or over, complete an additional form at the interview which will ask for your Social Security number and name affiliations for a criminal background check.
- If accepted, volunteer placement will also be provided at the conclusion of the interview.
- Details about the mandatory orientation and health assessment will be given at that time.
- Attend a mandatory orientation. Information regarding dates and locations will be given at the time of the interview.
Preparing for Your First Day
After the orientation, you will be contacted by a Volunteers staff member to set a date for your first day of volunteer service. You will also receive, by email, a copy of your assignment description and information regarding your first day.
On your first day, you will report to the Volunteers Department to receive your ID badge, sign final paperwork and get introduced to your volunteer area.