If you were a volunteer with us previously, we’d love to have you back as part of our family.
- Summer Program – commitment of at least one shift per week for 8 out of the 11-week summer program is required. The Summer Program runs from the first week of June through the second week of August.
- Academic School Year Program – commitment of at least one shift per week (or 2 shifts per month) for a 6-month commitment is required. Volunteers who submit applications after November 1 make a commitment through May.
- Adult Program – 6 months or longer commitment for once a week or a few times a month.
How to Apply
- Submit – Returnee Application
- Contact Volunteers at volunteerdept@StormontVail.org or (785) 354-6095 to receive information regarding your placement and other requirements.
Preparing for Your First Day
After placement has been set, you will be contacted by a Volunteer Services staff member to set a date for your first day of volunteer service. You will also receive, by email, a copy of your assignment description and information regarding your first day.
On your first day, if you volunteer in the hospital, you will report to Volunteer Services to receive your ID badge, sign final paperwork and be escorted to your volunteer area. If your assignment is outside of the hospital you will receive information via email regarding where to report on your first day.