1500 S.W. 10th Ave.
Topeka, Kan. 66604
Giving in 2013
Education and Recognition
- Sponsored the Excellence in Nursing Awards, Lab Excellence Awards, Pharmacy Employee Excellence Awards, and the Clyde Clifton Leadership Award
- Scholarships totaling more than $124,000 were awarded to 125 Baker University School of Nursing students
- Funded training to help nursing staff prepare for Magnet re-designation.
- Provided $25,000 in continuing education grants to 36 Stormont-Vail HealthCare employees.
- Provided Care Line services totaling $120,000 to nearly 6,000 patients and their families. Services provided included temporary lodging, transportation assistance, clothing, durable medical equipment, prescriptions, and meal vouchers.
- Funded a pilot project with the Baker University School of Nursing to curb excessive use of Emergency Department services for non-emergent health concerns. Initial results project a more than 28 percent decrease in ED visits, reducing health care expenses by an estimated $686,000.
Capital and Department Needs
- Provided nearly $105,000 for equipment and facility improvements to establish a new primary care clinic in Lyndon
- Secured funding to create comfortable space for children and young adults to receive care and treatment at the Cotton O’Neil Cancer Center. Enhancements included additions of a video gaming system and child/young adult library, as well as updates to two exam and one treatment room.
- Installed a blood pressure monitoring kiosk in the North Patient Tower to encourage regular checks among employees, volunteers and visitors.
- Held a record setting BIG HEARTS for little hearts golf tournament at the Topeka Country Club securing more than $181,000 in sponsorships and fees to benefit the Children’s Endowment Fund.
- Honored Robert D. Porter, M.D. with the 2013 Bal Jeffrey Award for Excellence in Healthcare
Operations and Finance
- Increased the assets of the Foundation by more than $2 million
- Raised more than $1,050,000 in contributions and support
- Received more than $215,000 in endowed gifts
2013 Stormont-Vail Foundation Honor Roll
2013 Annual Report at a Glance