About Career Opportunities for Physicians at Stormont Vail Health
Mission: Working together to improve the health of our community
Vision: Stormont Vail Health will be a national leader in providing compassionate, high-quality and efficient integrated care through collaboration that results in a healthier community.
Stormont Vail Health Stormont Vail is a tertiary medical center serving a population of nearly 500,000 in northeast Kansas. Excellent practice opportunities are available for board-certified or board-eligible physicians to join practices in Topeka, Emporia, and other nearby communities. We provide strong physician support for Cotton O’Neil and have excellent compensation packages for physicians, including paid malpractice and a full range of benefits.
Our health system is committed to creating a supportive and collaborative environment that encourages success. We accomplish this with a structured framework to match physicians with a practice that works with their unique approach for their personal and professional growth. As part of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, we also offer an array of resources and mentoring opportunities.
Professional opportunities will bring you into our system’s tightly knit community and congenial culture, and you’ll also build new connections with your colleagues and our patients. You’ll find that your neighbors and peers are some of the friendliest, hardest-working people anywhere.
Current Physician Opportunities
- Internal Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Ob/GYN (Emporia)
- Palliative Medicine
- Plastic Surgery
- Cardiology general, non-invasive
- Pediatric Critical Care
To Apply for Current Opportunities
For more information about physician opportunities, contact:
Director of Provider Recruitment and Support Services
Toll free: 800-432-2951 Ext. 6114
Phone: (785) 354-6114
Fax: (785) 354-6305
Postal Mail: 823 S.W. Mulvane St., Topeka, KS 66606
Enjoy Your Life. Enjoy Your Work.
We believe that every story, every interaction, every employee, every patient, and every day matters.
Part of being an excellent physician means understanding more than your patients’ medical conditions. It means understanding the social and psychological factors that impact their health.
That’s why we believe it is important for our physicians to enjoy fulfilling clinical work and excellent work-life balance. Many of our physicians have families, hobbies, and commitments outside of work that allow them to share personal connections with their patients and feel energized to provide excellent patient care.
Courtesy of The Topeka Capital-Journal
Considering a Relocation: Life in Northeastern Kansas
Stormont Vail sits in a community that is both close-knit and world class. It has a the feel of a small town, but all the basic amenities of a big city.
For every chapter of your life—from starting your career and family to growing professionally—our region has a lot to offer, including affordable living, a variety of cultural opportunities, outdoor adventures and historical sites. There are vibrant towns, fun festivals, and celebrations held all through the year providing entertainment and leisure for the entire family.
We understand that family is one of the top considerations for physician candidates. Our area offers stellar elementary and high schools, both public and private.
There are multiple universities within 80 miles of the hospital, including Washburn University, Baker University, Kansas State University, the University of Kansas, and Emporia State University.
If travel is a priority, we’re located less than an hour from an international airport.
Learn About Topeka
Greater Topeka Chamber of Commerce
City of Topeka
State of Kansas
Topeka Area Association of Realtors
Shawnee County Parks and Recreation
Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library
Awards & Recognition
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas Blue Distinction (Cardiac, Maternity, Hip and Knees)
- 2016 CareChex Quality Awards for Medical Excellence & Quality
- Leadership quality award from the Kansas Health Collaborative for patient safety
- Recognized by Consumer Reports as one of the best hospitals in Kansas for surgery care. The ratings compared Stormont Vail to 2,463 hospitals in the U.S.
Accreditations, Designations & Certifications
- Full accreditation by The Joint Commission
- Magnet® Designation by the American College of Nurses Credentialing Center since 2009
- American College of Surgeons verification as a Level II Trauma Center. Stormont Vail is one of only two Level II trauma centers in northeast Kansas.
- The Joint Commission award for Total Joint Center Disease-Specific Care for hip and knee replacement
- The Stormont Vail Adult Cardiac Surgery program was awarded the highest designation of three stars for its cardiac surgical program by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- Accreditation with Commendation from the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons as a Comprehensive Cancer Program
- Accreditation from the American College of Radiology for Radiation Therapy services
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center Accreditation by The Joint Commission
- Chest Pain Certified by The Joint Commission
- Intersocietal Accreditation Commission accreditation in Echocardiography and Vascular Testing
- AABB Accreditation for Transfusion Services
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine accreditation for obstetric ultrasound in all phases of pregnancy
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas Blue Distinction® Center for Cardiac Care
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas Blue Distinction® Center+ for Maternity Care
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas Blue Distinction® Center for Spine Surgery
- U.S. News & World Report 2018-19 Best Regional Hospital – ranked second in Kansas and achieved the highest rating possible in pulmonology, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), heart failure, hip replacement and knee replacement.
- AHA/ASA Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Achievement Award with Target: Stroke℠ Honor Roll Elite Plus
- AHA/ASA Get With the Guidelines®-Heart Failure Gold Plus with Target: Heart Failure Honor Roll℠ Quality Achievement Award
- American Heart Association Mission: Lifeline® STEMI Gold Receiving Center
- American Heart Association Mission: Lifeline® NSTEMI – Gold Recognition
- American College of Cardiology’s NCDR ACTION Registry® Platinum Performance Achievement Award
- Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) re-accreditation for Cotton O’Neil Heart Center’s ultrasound laboratory
- Sodexo recognition as a Best Practice hospital for malnutrition awareness
- U.S. News & World Report 2017-18 Best Regional Hospital – ranked second in Kansas and achieved the highest rating possible in five procedures or conditions, including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), colon cancer surgery, heart bypass surgery, heart failure and knee replacement surgery
- Urgent Care Association of America’s Accredited Urgent Care designation for Cotton O’Neil Express Care Urish, Express Care Croco and Express Care North
- Topeka Capital-Journal’s Best of Topeka – Best Medical Facility; Cotton O’Neil Cancer Center second runner up