About the Cotton O’Neil Wellness Clinic
From preventative health screenings to healthy nutrition plans, the Cotton O’Neil Wellness Clinic is designed to help you prevent unwanted health conditions and live a healthier life.
The Cotton O’Neil Wellness Clinic is designed for Medicare Part B patients. In an effort to support Medicare’s wellness initiatives, we work with physicians to provide all eligible Medicare patients with a preventive wellness visit.
This visit is not intended to take the place of a routine physical exam. It’s an addition to that. This comprehensive assessment, performed by a registered nurse, takes an average of one hour to complete and is done in your primary care physician’s office.
Our Treatments and Services
The annual wellness visit includes:
- Routine measurements: These can include height, weight and blood pressure.
- Review of your medical and family history: This is to help us determine whether you have certain health issues or conditions, or you might be at risk for them (for example, high blood pressure).
- Your current providers: We create a list of medical providers who are seeing you, including dentist, eye doctor and specialists.
- Medications: We update the list of medications you are taking.
- Personal health risk assessment: We look at whether you’re at risk for certain health issues. This assessment includes evaluations for hearing, nutrition and safety.
- Referrals: Any advice or referral services that may help detect potential health risks, such as colonoscopy or lab work.
- Developing a personalized health plan: This could mean establishing a schedule for Medicare’s screening and preventive services over the next 5 to 10 years.
This might also include referrals to health counselors or preventive services, such as programs to help people quit smoking.
Medicare covers this screening once every 12 months, so there is no out-of-pocket expense.
This service is for Medicare Part B patients of Cotton O’Neil primary care providers. Your exam takes place at your primary care provider’s office.