1500 S.W. 10th Ave.
Topeka, Kan. 66606
Maynard Oliverius Youth Leadership in Healthcare Scholarship Program
The Maynard Oliverius Youth Leadership in Healthcare Scholarship was designed to assist students interested in careers in the medical field. This program is funded through the Stormont-Vail Foundation by an endowment established by the Stormont-Vail HealthCare Auxiliary in recognition of the contributions made by Maynard Oliverius during his tenure as CEO of Stormont-Vail HealthCare. The scholarships are in the amount of $2500 to be awarded each semester.
- Any high school senior or college student who has been accepted at a two- or four-year college or university in a program leading to certification, licensure, registration or other qualification to perform in a medical or allied health field.
- Completed a minimum of 50 hours of voluntary service at Stormont-Vail HealthCare.
- Maintained a GPA of 2.5 or above (high school and college).
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Priority given to students attending Fort Hays State University.
Each application must include all of the following components:
- Completed Scholarship Application Form.
- Official high school or university transcript.
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor or a Stormont-Vail supervisor in the area you volunteered.
- One-page essay indicating your desire to pursue a health care career and general strategy on how you plan to accomplish this goal.
Application forms are available by contacting Stormont-Vail HealthCare Volunteer Services, (785) 354-6095 or by clicking here.
Nomination information may be submitted to:
Volunteer Services Department
1500 SW 10th Ave.
Topeka, KS 66604-1353
Deadline for submitting application for fall semester is August 1st and December 1st for the spring semester.
Beverly Rice, Director Volunteer Services
1500 SW 10th Ave., Topeka, KS 66604-1353
Phone: (785) 354-6095
Fax: (785) 354-5812.
Note: The scholarship criteria may be modified at any time by the Stormont-Vail Auxiliary.