Stormont Vail Health has launched a new feature on MyChart, My Care Notes, that gives you quick access to notes taken by your health care professional during your visits and appointments. We believe in transparency and building trust so you can engage in your healthcare decisions and have the information you need to take control of your health.
What is “My Care Notes”?
My Care Notes are notes written by the provider, nurse or other health care team member during your visit. You may hear others refer to them as “OpenNotes”. These written notes become a part of your medical record.
Your care notes will include notes such as:
- Lab results
- Pathology results
- Chart notes
- Procedure notes
- History and physicals
- Discharge summaries
- Consult notes
Where can I find My Care Notes?
Once you are logged into MyChart, you can view the notes by:
- Hover over the “Visits” menu
- then select “Appointments and Visits” from the drop-down menu
This screenshot is similar to what you will see when you move your mouse over the Visits icon in the top menu
Once you select Appointments and Visits, a list of appointments and past visits will appear.
- To select the visit you want to view, click on the date.
A new screen will appear with the details of the appointment.
- To view the notes from that visit, select the View Notes bar by clicking on it
This screenshot is similar to what you will see after you select the appointment or past visit you want to review
- Select view notes by clicking on the text next to the paper & pencil icon
Oops! Did you find something wrong in your notes?
We all know communication can be tough. If you think your doctor got something wrong, please tell us. To request a change to your care notes, follow these instructions:
- Hover over the “Messaging” icon and click on “Ask a Question” from the drop-down menu
This screenshot is similar to what you will see when you move your mouse over the Messaging icon in the top menu
Once you select Ask a Question, a page with boxes containing question headings & details will appear
- Select the box titled “Customer Service Question” by clicking somewhere in it
The Customer Service Question box will look like this
Once you select Customer Service Question, the ask customer service page will appear with a form to submit details on the error you found
- Fill in the subject line with “My Care Notes”
- Select “Document Correction” from the drop-down menu under “Regarding”
- Please leave a detailed answer about the error you have found and the correction you are requesting (be sure to include the date of your visit)
- Click send to submit for team member review
Please allow two business days for a response
The form you are completing will look like this