Pumping for Your Baby
Designed for women planning to work outside of the home or for those who are breastfeeding but want the flexibility to be away from their baby. This class is designed for mothers who have delivered. Mothers who are at least 2-3 weeks postpartum would benefit most from this class. We will provide information and options for expressing milk from the breast. We'll address breast pumps and how to choose one, pumping techniques, milk storage and maintaining adequate milk production. For the mom working outside of the home, we also will explore issues of time management, negotiating with employers and relationships with co-workers. We'll also discuss the very important role childcare providers play in breastfeeding success and methods of feeding breast milk to infants. Babies welcome, pre-registration not required.
Breastfeeding Education Room, Stormont-Vail Regional Health Center, 4th floor
- Thursday, August 13, 2015 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 27, 2015 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, September 10, 2015 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, September 24, 2015 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, October 8, 2015 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, October 22, 2015 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, November 12, 2015 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, December 10, 2015 4:30-5:30 p.m.