Facilities. Resources for Learning.
The Stormont Vail Pozez Education Center, located on the Stormont Vail campus, provides meeting space for health-related organizations, groups and individuals. The center houses the Baker University School of Nursing and the Stauffer Medical Library.
The Education Center also has:
- A 295-seat auditorium with extensive audiovisual technology including video projection on an 8’ x 18’ screen.
- The Gault Lecture Hall that seats 70 and is equipped with the same audio and visual equipment as the auditorium.
- The Centennial Room is a large meeting room that can be partitioned into four separate meeting spaces accommodating a total of 250 people.
- Classrooms and conference rooms throughout the building for groups ranging from eight to 60 people.
Scheduling Meeting Rooms
To schedule meeting room space in the Stormont Vail Pozez Education Center, a “Meeting Room Request” form (below) must be completed and submitted online to the Event Logistics manager.
The manager will review and assign space as appropriate and send an electronic confirmation of your reservation. (Space is assigned by the Event Logistics manager based on availability and size of the group).
Meeting Room Priority
Stormont Vail Health events are entitled to priority, including the need to cancel and/or change a reservation by a non-hospital group. Every attempt will be made to provide alternate space if a reservation has already been made.
Stormont Vail Health meeting rooms may not be used for activities that interfere with hospital operations. Sales of any kind are prohibited.
Organizations are allowed to exhibit in the Pozez Education Center if they are displayed for educational purposes.
Customer Conduct Policy
Those conducting meetings or events in the Pozez Education Center and their guests agree to abide by all policies and procedures relating to Stormont Vail Health facilities and accept responsibility for any and all damages to the facility, contents and equipment, normal wear and tear accepted.
The Stormont Vail Pozez Education Center is available to groups or organizations for educational purposes, provided they meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Nonprofit, health groups, Stormont Vail Health affiliation: Organizations are eligible without a fee if they have an affiliation with Stormont Vail Health and are a nonprofit, health organization.
- Nonprofit, Health Groups: If a nonprofit health group is charging a registration fee to participants, a room fee will be assessed.
- Nonprofit, Non-Health Groups: Nonprofit, non-health groups are eligible without a room fee if they have an affiliation with Stormont Vail Health. If Pozez Education Center staff is necessary, a fee will be charged for staff time.
- University, Health-Related Groups: University, health-related groups are eligible without a fee if they have an affiliation with Stormont Vail Health or Baker University School of Nursing.
All audiovisual equipment requests in the Stormont Vail Pozez Education Center are directed to the Event Logistics manager. Audiovisual equipment is provided, if available, at no charge; however, a fee will be charged if Pozez Education Center staff is required to operate equipment. (Groups and individuals may bring their own computers projectors or other electronic devices for use in meeting rooms.
Stormont Vail Health accepts no responsibility or liability regarding the use or care of personally supplied equipment.
The Stormont Vail Pozez Event Logistics manager must approve any signage and/or literature to be displayed in the Pozez Education Center prior to the event.
Parking is available for Stormont Vail Pozez Education Center events in the parking garage located at 9th and Garfield. There is no fee to park in the Stormont Vail parking garage.
Fee Schedule for Meeting Rooms
- Auditorium: Full Day $500, Half Day $350
- Gault-Hussey Lecture Hall: Full Day $320, Half Day $200
- Centennial Rooms:
4 Rooms Full Day $400Half Day $280
2 Rooms Full Day $200 Half Day $150
1 Room Full Day $160 Half Day $100
- Conference rooms: $100
- Half-day charge is for meetings lasting four hours or less.
Any materials promoting the event and mentioning Stormont Vail Health or the Stormont Vail Pozez Education Center must be approved in advance by the Pozez Education Center Event Logistics manager.
Decorations used at events cannot obscure exit signs or doors. Nothing may be taped or affixed to any part of the room. Glitter and confetti are strictly prohibited.
Candles, Smoke and Open Flames
Candles, incense or any other smoke or flame-producing device are not permitted in the Stormont Vail Pozez Education Center.
Please make sure at the end of your meeting that the meeting rooms are left as clean and as orderly as possible.
- Place all trash in trash containers.
- Report any spills to Pozez Event Logistics manager.
- Remove all personal effects including equipment and decorations. Any special cleaning requirements or damages caused during the use of a room will be charged to the user.
Please note: Stormont Vail Health is a tobacco-free facility.