1500 S.W. 10th Ave.
Topeka, KS 66604
The Care Line
Since 1992, the Care Line has helped meet the emergency needs of patients and their families. Examples of Care Line assistance include prescriptions, clothing, transportation, temporary lodging, and durable medical equipment.
The Care Line helps Stormont Vail patients and their families with needs which:
- Are typically not covered insurance and after all other personal, community, and public resources have been exhausted
- Are recommended by members of their health care team
- Meet eligibility guidelines
In 2015, the Care Line nearly $120,000 in assistance to some 7,000 patients and their families. Demand for the program has surged in 2016 with the closure of a Shawnee County safety net clinic, increases in behavioral health demands, and as a result of growth in Stormont Vail Health's regional services.
The Care Line is funded through grants and private gifts raised through both public and employee campaigns.
- Friends of the Care Line is a program which recognizes donor of $1,000 or more annually in support of the Care Line.
- Because many Stormont Vail employees utilize the Care Line to help their patients in need, they generously support the program. During the 2014 employee campaign 495 Stormont Vail employees contributed more than $60,000 to the Care Line.
For more information about the Care Line, or to make a donation, contact the Foundation at (785) 354-6851.