Stormont Vail Health is dedicated to improving and enhancing the patient experience. Our Virtual Care Options provide our patients with the same high-quality care from the comfort of their own home. We currently offer Video Visits, E-Visits, and MyChart messaging as Virtual Care options for our patients.
Meet for an online virtual appointment with your provider using a smartphone, tablet, or computer. Video Visits can be accessed using your MyChart account or a secure link sent via text message or email from your provider.
Video Visits are ideal for following types of visits
- Follow-up appointments
- Questions regarding medication
- Pre and post-surgery visits
- Hands off consultations
How do I schedule a Video Visit?
- Call your doctor’s office and request a Video Visit for your next appointment.
Video Visits can also help you keep your appointment instead of cancelling.
- Not feeling well
- Reduce exposure to Covid-19
- Bad Weather
- Car Trouble
- No Babysitter
Then call your provider office and ask to switch to a video visit! Video Visit Instructions (pdf)
For non-emergent needs use MyChart to complete a symptom-based questionnaire on your smartphone, tablet, or computer and expect a response in about 1 hour during business hours.
E-visits are ideal for the following types of symptoms.
- Cough, sore throat
- Urinary issues
- Do not use for dangerous or life-threatening conditions like chest pain, severe shortness of breath, severe pain, or dizziness or fainting. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms seek emergency help immediately.
When can I submit an E-visit?
- Use MyChart to submit a form 24/7, but you can expect a response within 1 hour for E-Visits submitted between the following hours
- Business Hours
- 8:00 am to 7:00 pm Monday – Friday
- 10:00 am to 4:00 pm Saturday and Sunday
- Holiday Hours
- 10:00 am to 4:00 pm Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s Day
- Not available Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Day
- How do I submit an E-visit?
- Select “Menu” then locate “E-Visit”
- Read the “Terms and Conditions”, select Accept
- Submit your information via the provided form
- In about an hour a provider who has reviewed your information will contact you via your MyChart account to discuss your condition and determine treatment
- E-Visits will be billed to your insurance on file. You may be billed for costs not covered by your insurance plan
Send a message to your provider via your MyChart account about any questions regarding your health or care. Expect a response typically within 2 business days
MyChart messages are ideal for the following:
- Non-Urgent medical questions
- Prescription Questions
- Test Result Questions
- Visit Follow-up Questions
How do I send a message?
- Select “Messages” then select “Ask a Question” then select “Ask your Doctor/Care Team”.
Tips for Successful Virtual Care Appointments
- Smartphone, tablet, or computer with video and audio capabilities
- Good internet connection
- Quiet and private area for virtual appointments
- Updated web browser
- Undivided attention (no multitasking)
- Logout of other applications using video or audio capabilities
Preparing for my virtual appointment
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I schedule a Video Visit?
Call your doctor’s office and request a Video Visit for your next appointment. Video Visits are ideal for, follow-up appointments, questions regarding medication, pre and post-surgery visits, hands off consultations. To access your Video Visit you can use MyChart or asked to be sent a secure link via text message or email from your provider
What does a Video Visit look like at home?
A Video Visit is very similar to a regular in-person office visit. To begin your visit you can either begin through your MyChart account or be sent a secure link via text message or email. Your provider will connect with you via the secure video. You’ll be able to communicate and interact just as you normally would during an in-person visit.