COVID-19 Update (08.02.2021)
Dear Community Partners,
Beginning with today’s COVID-19 Scorecard, we will provide the vaccination status of hospitalized patients. We will also be providing the number of COVID-19 patient discharges and deaths from the previous day and cumulative numbers of hospitalized and discharged patients and deaths.
We are adding context to the COVID-19 positive testing rate related to vaccine status. We have added the total number of patients being tested to show the difference in percent positivity between fully and non-vaccinated individuals. This data does not include pre-procedural testing.
Highlights from today’s COVID-19 scorecard:
- We have 29 inpatients who are COVID-19 positive today. Of those, 4 are vaccinated and 25 are not vaccinated. Vaccinated is defined as fully vaccinated individuals for greater than 14 days since the last immunization. There is waiting period of 14 days after the last shot for the vaccines to provide immunity.
- COVID-19 inpatient discharges from the previous day: 5. No deaths.
- We have 66 COVID-19 positive patients in the outpatient Enhanced Primary Care program.
- The percentage of patients testing positive for COVID-19 at Stormont Vail facilities the past seven days is 7.6% percent vaccinated and 14.7% for unvaccinated individuals.
- We have administered 86,978 vaccinations, which included first and second doses of the vaccine.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- All Kansans age 12 and older are eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
- COVID-19 vaccines are now available through the Stormont Vail Retail Pharmacy, 2252 S.W. 10th
- To schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment:
- Go through your Stormont Vail MyChart
- Use the online scheduling assistant at stormontvail.org/covid19/vaccine
- Call (785) 270-4786.
- Walk-ins are welcome from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Robert Kenagy, MD