Growing the Garden of Life through Organ Donation
To our organ donors and their families, saying thank you seems a small gesture compared to your selfless gift. Because of you, others are given a second chance at living life to its fullest.
Add Your Loved One to the Gift of Life Wall
For loved ones of those who chose the selfless act of organ and tissue donation be sure to add their name to the gift of life wall.
Gift of Life
We would be honored if you would submit a photo of your family member and a brief story about your loved one to include in this digital, on-going display. To help you with your story, consider the following:
By the Numbers*
- 107,000+ patients are on the national transplant waiting list, as of February 2021.
- 39,000 transplants were performed in 2020.
- 17 people die each day waiting for an organ transplant.
- Every nine minutes, another person is added to the transplant waiting list.
- One donor can provide eight life-saving organs: heart, lungs, liver, pancreas, kidneys and intestines.
*Statistics compiled by organdonor.gov.
Become a Donor
At Stormont Vail, we work with the Midwest Transplant Network to provide hope and healing to patients through organ and tissue donation.
Every individual has the right to donate. You can authorize to be an organ, eye and tissue donor by signing up with your state registry at your local DMV. Or, if you’re a Kansas or Missouri resident, register online through the Midwest Transplant Network.