Stormont Vail is committed to recruiting and training early career nurses and supporting veteran nurses in the field. The organization houses the Baker University School of Nursing on the second floor of its Education Center and has close ties to several other area nursing and medical schools. Stormont Vail also provides training experiences to university students and other licensed professionals in a variety of areas.
For more information, contact Continuing Professional Development at (785) 354-5627 or ContinuingEd@stormontvail.org.
Apply for professional development at Stormont Vail Hospital or a Cotton O’Neil Clinic by filling out the online application.
Professional Development Application
Required documentation for a clinical experience at Stormont Vail includes the following:
- Hepatitis B – documentation of 3-dose vaccination series
- MMR – documentation of 2-dose vaccination series or laboratory evidence of disease or immunity
- Varicella – documentation of 2-dose vaccination series or proof of a positive immunity serology result
- Tdap – documentation supporting one Tdap
- Criminal background check and urine drug screening records
- Documentation of personal health insurance
- Verification of good standing in the program
- Confidentiality Agreement (signed by student and School)
- Documentation of liability insurance coverage
- Middle initial (for computer access request)
- Student ID # (for computer access request)
- Kansas license number
- TB Questionnaire
- Negative TB test results read within the last 12 months (must include facility/provider, the plant and read date, and the results in mm)
- Proof of seasonal influenza vaccination (October-March)
The Pharmacy Residency Program
The Stormont Vail Health PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program is a one-year training program offering a broad range of pharmacy practice experience. Our mission is to provide our residents with experiences that develop the knowledge, skills, and values they need to support excellent pharmaceutical care for the patients they serve during their residency and throughout their careers.