Stormont Vail is committed to recruiting and training early career nurses and supporting veteran nurses in the field. The organization houses the Baker University School of Nursing on the second floor of its Education Center and has close ties to several other area nursing and medical schools. Stormont Vail also provides training experiences to university students and other licensed professionals in a variety of areas.
For more information, contact Continuing Professional Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for clinical education experience at Stormont Vail Hospital or a Cotton O’Neil Clinic by filling out the online application.
If you are an instructor, the application will give you the option to upload your student registration.
Clinical Experience Application
Required documentation for a clinical experience at Stormont Vail includes the following:
- Hepatitis B – documentation of 2 or 3-dose vaccination series
- MMR – documentation of 2-dose vaccination series or laboratory evidence of disease or immunity
- Varicella – documentation of 2-dose vaccination series or proof of a positive immunity serology result
- Tdap – documentation supporting one Tdap
- Criminal background check and urine drug screening records
- Documentation of personal health insurance
- Verification of good standing in the program
- Confidentiality Agreement (signed by student)
- Documentation of general and professional liability insurance coverage
- Middle initial (for computer access request)
- Student ID # (for computer access request)
- TB Questionnaire
- Proof of past Negative TB test results (must include facility/provider, the plant and read date, and the results in mm)
- Proof of seasonal influenza vaccination (October-March)
American Nurses Credentialing Center ANCC
Stormont Vail Health has been recognized as a Magnet® recognizes health care organizations for quality patient care, nursing excellence, and innovations in professional nursing practices. Developed by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), Magnet® is the leading source of successful nursing practices and strategies worldwide.
Stormont Vail Health is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network. When our physicians are seeking a second opinion or expertise from an outside specialist, they can collaborate with Mayo Clinic’s experts. Our patients gain access to world-class care, without ever leaving Eastern Kansas.
Stormont Vail has been part of the Mayo Clinic Care Network for almost seven years. We have collaborated with Mayo Clinic experts on more than 1000 patient cases. Mayo Clinic specialists get back to us with their opinions within just two working days of reviewing a patient’s information or pathology slides.
The Pharmacy Residency Program
The Stormont Vail Health PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program is a one-year training program offering a broad range of pharmacy practice experience. Our mission is to provide our residents with experiences that develop the knowledge, skills, and values they need to support excellent pharmaceutical care for the patients they serve during their residency and throughout their careers.