We Together: A Communication of Stormont Vail Health (Feb 14, 2023)
Dear Community Partners,
Here are today’s updates:
- Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Celebrate the Chiefs’ Super Bowl Win!
- Stormont Vail Health Represented at WU Game
- Heart Health Month – Read the Latest Stormont Vail Health Blog
- Current Status at Stormont Vail Health
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Today is Valentine’s Day – a day to recognize those we love and do a little something extra special to express our feelings. The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit celebrated with their little Bundles of Love by donning extra cute, Valentine’s Day themed outfits, blankets, and candy hearts.
What an excellent time to express our LOVE for all of our team members. We cannot thank you enough for the special care and love you show each other and our patients on a daily basis.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Stormont Vail Health Represented at WU Games
Stormont Vail Health will be featured at tonight’s Washburn University’s men’s and women’s basketball games – at the annual Pink Out games. We will be providing pink breast cancer awareness water bottles – and information about the importance of mammograms. Tonight’s games – with Washburn playing Northwest Missouri State University – starts at 5:30 p.m. for women’s and 7:30 p.m. for men’s in Lee Arena.
Heart Health Month – Read the Latest Stormont Vail Health Blog
February is American Heart Month – a time to ensure you are doing what you can to keep your heart going for years to come.
Read this week’s blog here, that dives into everything you need to know about heart health and what Stormont Vail Health offers to make sure our community’s hearts are happy and healthy.
Brett Dawes, APRN, NP-C, Stormont Vail Health’s Manhattan Campus, answers questions about heart health, in this week’s blog.
Current Status at Stormont Vail Health
The weekly COVID-19 scorecard is posted on the Stormont Vail website. Here are highlights are from the scorecard:
- 10 inpatients are COVID-19 positive. This compares to 7 last week.
- 96% of recent COVID-19 admissions are unvaccinated or had last dose/booster more than 6 months ago.
- COVID-19 inpatient discharges (previous week): 18. Deaths: 2.
- 3 COVID-19 positive patients in the outpatient Enhanced Primary Care program.
- 9.4% of people tested for COVID-19 at Stormont Vail facilities the past seven days were positive. That is similar to 10.6% last week.
- 23 team members and 1 providers on contact leave for COVID-19. The total of 24 people on contact leave this week compares to 16 last week.
- 111,504 vaccinations (included boosters) administered.
- To schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment:
- Use online scheduling assistant at stormontvail.org/covid19/vaccine
- Call (785) 270-4786.