We Together: A Communication of Stormont Vail Health (July 05, 2022)
Dear Community Partners,
Here are today’s updates:
- We CARE We VOTE
- Envista Provides Funding for Critical Care Area
- Current Status at Stormont Vail Health
We CARE We VOTE
Stormont Vail Health has joined an effort to encourage healthcare team members and the community to register to vote and then to vote in the 2022 Kansas primary and general elections.
Called We CARE We VOTE, the intent of the Kansas Hospital Association’s statewide campaign is to encourage healthcare workers to make their voices heard – and to encourage others to register and vote. Voting is essential for electing leaders who support healthy Kansas communities and who prioritize the health of Kansans especially after the COVID-19 pandemic.
Important dates to know:
July 12 – The deadline to register for the Aug. 2 primary election
Oct. 18 – The deadline to register to vote for the Nov. 8 general election
Information about how to register to vote can be found on the Kansas Secretary of State’s website.
At the Aug. 2 primary election, voters will have the opportunity to vote in primary races that have more than one candidate. Kansans will also vote on a state constitutional amendment on abortion. Any registered voter can vote on the amendment, even without party affiliation. The proposed constitutional amendment that will be voted on can be viewed on the Secretary of State’s website.
Envista Provides Funding for Critical Care Area
The South Tower 2nd floor Critical Care Unit waiting/conference room is complete! Envista Credit Union gifted us funds, back in 2020, to create a room where staff could visit with patient families and review items in the patient chart on a screen. However, the COVID-19 pandemic and supply chain issues delayed the construction. We are happy to announce that the work is finally complete!
“It is my hope that Envista’s contribution to Stormont Vail and the ICU department would help future families and their doctors and nurses to have a more comfortable experience during what may be one of the scariest and most stressful situations they may have to experience,” said Ron Smeltzer, president and CEO of Envista.
The waiting room is finished, the artwork is up, and the signage recognizing the gift from Envista is posted outside the room. Take a minute to swing by and see what our community supporters helped make possible!
Current Status at Stormont Vail Health
- 19 inpatients are COVID-19 positive. This is a significant increase from last Tuesday’s count of 5.
- 77% of recent COVID-19 admissions are unvaccinated or had last dose/booster more than 6 months ago.
- COVID-19 inpatient discharges (previous week): 10. Deaths: 1.
- 7 COVID-19 positive patients in the outpatient Enhanced Primary Care program.
- 31.2% of people tested for COVID-19 at Stormont Vail facilities the past seven days were positive. That is up from 24.0% last week.
- 30 team members and 2 providers on contact leave for COVID-19. The total of 32 people on contact leave this week compares to 39 last week.
- 105,281 vaccinations (included boosters) administered.
- To schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment:
- Use online scheduling assistant at stormontvail.org/covid19/vaccine
- Call (785) 270-4786.