We Together: A Communication of Stormont Vail Health (Nov 15, 2022)
Dear Community Partners,
Here are today’s updates:
- Stormont Vail’s Inpatient PT, OT and Speech Therapy Team Highlighted in Blog
- Mark Your Calendar – 2022 Warm & Thankful is 29
- Current Status at Stormont Vail Health
Stormont Vail’s Inpatient PT, OT and Speech Therapy Team Highlighted in Blog
You have heard about physical, occupational, and speech therapy, but do you know the role they play in an inpatient setting?
There is much to learn, and even more to respect, about our different therapy specialists! Read the Stormont Vail blog to hear from a few therapy team members and get an inside look at what we provide to our inpatient community at Stormont Vail Health. https://www.stormontvail.org/therapy-in-a-variety-of-ways/
Thank you to all of our different therapy team members, inpatient and outpatient. We feel so fortunate to have compassion, positivity, and kindness shining through, from you to our patients.
Mark Your Calendar – 2022 Warm & Thankful is Nov. 29
Showing gratitude and thankfulness is important, especially this time of year. Please come and experience the Warm & Thankful annual celebration at 5:30 p.m. Nov. 29 at the Main Entrance of Stormont Vail’s Hospital or virtually on the Stormont Vail Health Facebook page.
The event will include our donation presentation as well as the countdown for the holiday light show at Stormont Vail Health. Donated items requested for the Topeka Rescue Mission include: sleeping bags, hats and gloves. Donations can be dropped off at the hospital main entrance. For Stormont Vail clinics outside of Topeka you may send your donations to Topeka via hospital courier. Or if you wish to collect and donate items for organizations closer to home, please contact Karla Hedquist or Nicole Lange for additional information.
Current Status at Stormont Vail Health
The COVID-19 data this week is a similar story to what we saw last week – community spread of COVID-19 is steading increasing. The Kansas Department of Health and Environment indicates that Shawnee County’s incidence rate is “High,” as defined as by more than 100 cases per 100,000 population per week. Also in the “High” level in our area are Jackson, Wabaunsee, Geary, Lyon, Osage and Coffey counties.
The weekly COVID-19 scorecard is posted on the Stormont Vail website. Here are highlights are from the scorecard:
- 12 inpatients are COVID-19 positive. This is down from 16 last week.
- 97% of recent COVID-19 admissions are unvaccinated or had last dose/booster more than 6 months ago.
- COVID-19 inpatient discharges (previous week): 20. Deaths: 1.
- 4 COVID-19 positive patients in the outpatient Enhanced Primary Care program.
- 14.0% of people tested for COVID-19 at Stormont Vail facilities the past seven days were positive. That is similar to 13.1% last week.
- 39 team members and 5 providers on contact leave for COVID-19. The total of 44 people on contact leave this week compares to 37 last week.
- 106,512 vaccinations (included boosters) administered.
- To schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment:
- Use online scheduling assistant at stormontvail.org/covid19/vaccine
- Call (785) 270-4786.