COVID-19 Update (08.04.2021)
Dear Community Partners,
All the indicators of community spread of COVID-19 are on the rise: inpatient admissions, patients in the Enhanced Primary Care, drive up COVID-19 testing, and calls this week to the “Call Before You Go” hotline.
The Enhanced Primary Care program provides supportive outpatient services to help keep people out of the hospital.
The hotline at (785) 354-6000 is the number to call before you come to a Stormont Vail facility if you are having COVID-19-like symptoms.
Here’s a look at today’s COVID-19 scorecard:
- We have 35 inpatients who are COVID-19 positive today. Of those, 4 are vaccinated and 31 are not vaccinated. Vaccinated is defined as fully vaccinated individuals for greater than 14 days since the last immunization.
- COVID-19 inpatient discharges from the previous day: 5. No deaths.
- We have 72 COVID-19 positive patients in the outpatient Enhanced Primary Care program.
- The percentage of patients testing positive for COVID-19 at Stormont Vail facilities the past seven days is 10.1% percent vaccinated and 16.8% for unvaccinated individuals.
- We have administered 86,978 vaccinations, which includes first and second doses of the vaccine.
- All Kansans age 12 and older are eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
- COVID-19 vaccines are available through the Stormont Vail Retail Pharmacy, 2252 S.W. 10th Ave.
- To schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment:
- Go through your Stormont Vail MyChart
- Use the online scheduling assistant at www.stormontvail.org/covid19/vaccine
- Call (785) 270-4786.
- Walk-ins are welcome from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Appointments take approximately 30 minutes, including a 15-minute required observation.
Robert Kenagy, MD