We Together: A Communication of Stormont Vail Health (Dec 27, 2021)
Dear Community Partners,
Stormont Vail Health, like other hospitals in our region, continues to feel the impact of the pandemic with almost all of our staffed beds full today. The COVID-19 virus didn’t take a holiday.
At the start of the day, we were open to taking limited adult patient transfers for those needing medical-surgical level care. All of our intensive care beds were full. We have a team of nursing and physician leadership who are evaluating each adult patient transfer request, based on our bed capacity and staffing resources. Twice daily, seven days a week, we are reviewing all of the factors that impact our transfer status. We are making every effort to serve our region. Even if we are unable to take a transfer, our team can provide consults and support in stabilizing patients while an appropriate care location is found.
As a Level II Trauma Center, we continue accepting trauma patients. Pregnant, laboring, pediatric and neonatal transfers are also currently being accepted.
We are extremely grateful to our healthcare team for their work in caring for our patients through this surge, taking on extra responsibilities and shifts, and taking care of each other. We together.
Here are today’s updates:
- Danielle Renner: WIBW-TV Salute Our Heroes
- Patient Experience Leaders Share 2022 Goals
- COVID-19 Scorecard (Scorecard attached in English and Spanish)
- COVID-19 Vaccines
Danielle Renner: WIBW-TV Salute Our Heroes
Danielle Renner, ultrasonographer and recipient of the November Person of the Moment, will be featured on WIBW’s Salute Our Heroes at 10 p.m. tonight. Danielle helped keep patients calm during an Oct. 13 power outage when individuals were stuck on an elevator.
Patient Experience Leaders Share 2022 Goals
Darlene Stone, Senior Vice President and Chief Experience Officer at Stormont Vail, was among six patient experience leaders to share their organization’s 2022 goals with Becker’s Hospital Review . In addition to Stormont Vail, responses from leaders at hospitals and health systems in New York, Texas, New Jersey, Georgia and Seattle were included.
Here is Darlene’s response: “At Stormont Vail Health, our focus for patient experience is to be the first choice for healthcare services in our region by optimizing connection, coordination and communication. This focus can be especially challenging due to the pandemic, but we are looking at our efforts through a different lens. This is critical in identifying ways we can provide outstanding care in a different way.”
Here’s a look at today’s COVID-19 scorecard:
- We have 51 inpatients who are COVID-19 positive. The percentage of COVID-19 admissions that are patients who are unvaccinated or had their last dose/booster more than 6 months ago is 94%.
- From the previous day – COVID-19 inpatient discharges: 4. Deaths: 1.
- We have 81 COVID-19 positive patients in the outpatient Enhanced Primary Care program.
- The positivity percentage of patients testing for COVID-19 at Stormont Vail facilities the past seven days is 20.4% percent. The 7-day positivity percentage of patients testing but have had a vaccine dose within 6 months is 6.7%.
- The percent of positive tests that are patients who are unvaccinated or had their last dose/booster more than 6 months ago is 90%.
- We have administered 97,946 vaccinations, which includes first, second and booster doses of the vaccine.
- COVID-19 vaccines are available through the Stormont Vail Retail Pharmacy, 2252 S.W. 10th
- To schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment:
- Go through your Stormont Vail MyChart
- Use the online scheduling assistant at stormontvail.org/covid19/vaccine
- Call (785) 270-4786.
- To find additional COVID-19 vaccine locations across the region and country, the Vaccines.gov search tool is available in English and Spanish.