Nursing Residency Program
The Nursing Residency Program at Stormont Vail Health provides residents with the opportunity to transition into their career with the support and encouragement of leaders and team members. Committed to the growth and development of staff, we empower your journey to be well-positioned to lead with confidence and competency under the foundation of excellence.
Overview of Program
Stormont Vail Health’s nursing residency program designed to transition recent nursing grads, new nurse managers and new nurse hires into the practice, well-positioned and ready to lead with confidence and competency. Surround yourself with encouragement and support committed to your growth and development.
Pick your Path
New Nurse Graduate
High Acuity Nursing
New Nurse Manager
Moving into the role of a Nurse Manager
New-hire of a Nurse Manager Position
The Experienced Nurse
New to the organization
Transferring to the organization
The Residency Program Includes:
Having a ruff day? Our Paw Squad is here to help! At Stormont Vail Health, we don’t just take care of the physical wellbeing of our patients and team, we…
Why choose a Nursing Residency Program?
- Extension of nursing school, a more in-depth exploration of fundamentals and how we build on those strengths and improve our weaknesses.
- Use of simulation to bring it all together – putting together a puzzle of sorts.
- Drive home the initiative and ability to draw out critical thinking skills and how to apply them at the bedside in different situations.
- Build relationships with other staff members, learn to have a voice and speak up.
- Reinforce nurse to patient relationship, understanding the importance of trust
Explore processes within the organization and how we all can have an impact on how those processes function and how they change to meet our needs (Financially/time management) and the needs of our patients (Best Practice)
- Build confidence, learn great bedside care and advance leadership skills.
Provides an opportunity to shadow in departments other than home department.