We Together: A Communication of Stormont Vail Health (Feb 07, 2023)
Dear Community Partners,
Here are today’s updates:
- DAISY Award Winner – Jon Irwin, RN, Spine Center
- SUPERFOOD for a Super You!
- Nutritional Services Team Members Honored
- Current Status at Stormont Vail Health
DAISY Award Winner – Jon Irwin, RN, Spine Center
The DAISY Award celebrates extraordinarily compassionate nurses who provide the best care. Jon Irwin, RN, Spine Center, recently was awarded the DAISY Award. Here’s an excerpt from Jon’s nomination, detailing his excellent care of a patient:
“My nurse went above what I consider the basic call of duty. He has gentleness and knowledge, his peers seek him out for help and information, and they respect him. He was able to calm me when I was anxious or in pain.”
The patient said, “Jon’s encouragement, suggestions, stories, and help in those short visits make me feel like I matter.” Way to go, Jon – we are so proud to have you on our team! Read Jon’s full nomination here.
SUPERFOOD for a Super You!
You might be an expert in health, but can you guess which of these ordinary foods is considered a superfood?
Find out the answer by reading our latest blog on stormontvail.org here!
Nutritional Services Team Members Honored
Congratulations to several Stormont Vail Nutritional Services team members who were recently recognized for Sodexo annual employee awards. They include:
Team Spirit – Robert Seals
Robert is an incredibly well rounded team member with a high skill level throughout the department. He is always looking to learn new things, which truly demonstrates his determination to contribute to the department. Robert understands his role, embraces collaboration, and is committed to his team and Stormont Vail Health.
Service Spirit – Cheryl Coleman
Cheryl is so consistent on a day-to-day basis. She always comes to work with a positive attitude and smile on her face. Every customer she interacts with enjoys seeing and interacting with her. We always know when she is present by her unique laugh and happy tone of voice. There is a never a day that Cheryl comes in without this bright attitude, and it creates such a positive culture for everyone to be around!
Spirit of Progress – Victoria Martinez
Vickie has always been a stand out employee, but this year has been different. There have been so many changes in the department over the last year and Vickie has taken everything head-on with a positive attitude. Vickie is the definition of a leader and the Patient Services “cheerleader” and we can’t thank her enough for the motivation she gives her team to push every day!
Employee of the Year – Joseph Rodriguez
Joe has really found his niche in the department since his transition to Patient Services. Over the past year, he has received six CARES Awards. He takes the time to not only ask patients if everything looks OK, he goes the extra mile by offering to open their milk, cut their food or butter their toast. Joe has offered to stay to help during staffing shortages because patients always come first. He is a very dedicated employee.
Current Status at Stormont Vail Health
The weekly COVID-19 scorecard is posted on the Stormont Vail website. Here are highlights are from the scorecard:
- 7 inpatients are COVID-19 positive, compared to 8 last week.
- 96% of recent COVID-19 admissions are unvaccinated or had last dose/booster more than 6 months ago.
- COVID-19 inpatient discharges (previous week): 16. Deaths: 0.
- 3 COVID-19 positive patients in the outpatient Enhanced Primary Care program.
- 10.6% of people tested for COVID-19 at Stormont Vail facilities the past seven days were positive. That is similar to 9.6% last week.
- 13 team members and 3 providers on contact leave for COVID-19. The total of 16 people on contact leave this week compares to 20 last week.
- 111,470 vaccinations (included boosters) administered.
- To schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment:
- Use online scheduling assistant at stormontvail.org/covid19/vaccine
- Call (785) 270-4786.