We Together: A Communication of Stormont Vail Health (Mar 28, 2023)
Dear Community Partners
Here are today’s updates:
- Stories of Caring, Beyond COVID-19
- Doctor’s Day is Thursday
- “Just Another Magnet Monday” Podcast – Episode 4: Professional Practice Model
- Stormont Vail Health Blog: The Couple Who Covers Over 2,500 FT of Care
- Current Status at Stormont Vail Health
Stories of Caring, Beyond COVID-19
Three years ago this month, this communication was started as a way to share information about the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on our organization, communities and region. It has been distributed to the Stormont Vail Health team and to our community, at times on a daily basis and now twice a week. More than 500 communications have been distributed since the first came out in mid-March 2020.
To share details and data about the impact of the pandemic, a COVID-19 scorecard was developed to accompany the communication. Data has included the number of inpatients with COVID-19 being cared for in our Topeka hospital, percentage of positive tests resulted, vaccinations provided and more. Today will mark the last day the COVID-19 scorecard is distributed with the communication. Data from week to week has remained fairly steady for several months, with no significant changes.
Just as information about the COVID-19 surges, the availability of vaccinations, access to cutting edge medications and treatments, and more, has been shared in this communication, we will continue to provide COVID-19 information when it is topical and timely. However, the “We Together” communication has now become much more. It is a vehicle to tell the continuing story of how the Stormont Vail team – “we together” – takes care of patients and communities across a large Kansas region. It shares the awards and accolades of high quality care, the stories of individuals who dedicate their careers to care for others, and the expansion of a healthcare system with a mission to serve. Thank you for taking time in your day to stay in touch and read about the latest in working together to care for our communities.
Doctor’s Day is Thursday
This Thursday, March 30, is Doctor’s Day. We are fortunate at Stormont Vail Health to have many wonderful providers who share their expertise and care with our patients. We have more than 280 employed physicians and 250 advanced practice providers, as well as additional providers on our medical staff who contribute to patient care. Thank you to each of you for all you do, each and every day!
“Just Another Magnet Monday” Podcast – Episode 4: Professional Practice Model
Episode four of “Just Another Magnet Monday” dives into the Professional Practice Model at Stormont Vail Health. Carol Perry, Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer, MollyPatt Eyestone from Marketing and Communications, and Esperanza Garza, RN, Cath Lab, discuss what the practice model is, why it is centered on patient care, and the importance of focusing on our foundational values.
This is a great episode for every team in our organization, patient facing and non-patient facing, to listen to. Discussion can focus on what the Professional Practice Model looks like in your department and how we all contribute to individualized patient care. You can listen to episode four here on stormontvail.org, here on SVnet, or through Apple. The podcast is also available on Spotify – just search “Just Another Magnet Monday.”
Stormont Vail Health Blog: The Couple Who Covers Over 2,500 FT of Care
You have seen the helicopter pad – now read about Stormont Vail’s connection with Life Star and the care provided on either side of the patient transfer. This week’s blog on stormontvail.org here introduces you to Stormont Vail’s Alan Rohrbaugh, RN, CCRN, who works on our ICU and Rapid Response teams, and his wife Jasmine Rohrbaugh, RN, BSN, CFRN, who works as a flight nurse with Life Star.
Current Status at Stormont Vail Health
The weekly COVID-19 scorecard is posted on the Stormont Vail website. Here are highlights are from the scorecard:
- 11 inpatients are COVID-19 positive. That is similar to 12 last week.
- 98% of recent COVID-19 admissions are unvaccinated or had last dose/booster more than 6 months ago.
- COVID-19 inpatient discharges (previous week): 20. Deaths: 0.
- 7 COVID-19 positive patients in the outpatient Enhanced Primary Care program.
- 10.4% of people tested for COVID-19 at Stormont Vail facilities the past seven days were positive. That is similar to 11.4% last week.
- 25 team members and 3 providers on contact leave for COVID-19. The total of 28 people on contact leave this week compares to 8 last week.
- 671 vaccinations (included boosters) administered.
- To schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment:
- Use online scheduling assistant at stormontvail.org/covid19/vaccine
- Call (785) 270-4786.