We Together: A Communication of Stormont Vail Health (Mar 04, 2022)
Dear Community Partners,
Here are today’s updates:
- Team Effort in Manhattan – Go KSU!
- Person of the Moment – Sasha, the Dog, and Two Nurses Honored
- Visitor Policy Updates Approved
- We Together Communication Moving to Twice a Week
- Current Status at Stormont Vail Health (English and Spanish)
Team Effort in Manhattan – Go KSU!
Vice President and Regional Administrator Mary Martell and members of our Manhattan team attended and represented Stormont Vail Health at the K-State men’s basketball game last weekend.
Mary accepted the game ball in honor of helping Kansans get healthier, promoting the Stormont Vail partnership with the Powercat Health Program and updating the community about progress on the Manhattan Medical Campus.
Joining Mary were some health care leaders from Cotton O’Neil Manhattan to enjoy the game and a tour of Bramlage Coliseum. Thank you for representing us – and for all the care you provide our patients in Manhattan.
Person of the Moment – Sasha, the Dog, and Two Nurses Honored
Congratulations to our February 2022 Person of the Moment awardees – Liz Piper, Brian Coover and Sasha, a 131-pount Mastiff who is Brian’s pet therapy dog. Our Paw Squad is comprised of amazing therapy dogs and their handlers who bring joy to patients and team members. Sasha is an especially special member of the Stormont Vail team – and recently helped 10-year-old Penny when she received her COVID-19 vaccine.
Penny’s mom, Kelly Baker, Manager of Marketing and Communications, said Sasha, Brian and Liz Piper, a nurse at the Pediatric Clinic, worked together to provide Penny her first COVID-19 vaccination in a comfortable environment, with Sasha at Penny’s side. “Thank you from the bottom of my heart to Liz, Brian and Sasha for going above and beyond to make this a positive experience!” says Kelly.
Congratulations Liz, Brian and Sasha on being awarded the February 2022 Person (and Canine!) of the Moment!
Visitor Policy Updates Approved
An updated visitor policy was approved which allows for two screened visitors, regardless of age, at a time for each patient in most hospital departments (inpatient and outpatient), behavioral health center, clinic and ambulatory locations. Visitation hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Our medical teams reserve the right to limit visitation as needed at any time to ensure the safety of our patients and team members.
We Together Communication Moving to Twice a Week
Beginning next week, the “We Together” communication will shift to twice a week distribution on Tuesdays and Thursdays. With the decline of COVID-19 in the region, the communication will focus on the Stormont Vail team and initiatives, and how we are caring for our communities.
Current Status at Stormont Vail Health
- 17 inpatients are COVID-19 positive.
- 82% of recent COVID-19 admissions are unvaccinated or had last dose/booster more than 6 months ago.
- COVID-19 inpatient discharges (previous day): 8. Deaths: 1.
- 9 COVID-19 positive patients in the outpatient Enhanced Primary Care program.
- 6.7% of people tested for COVID-19 at Stormont Vail facilities the past seven days were positive.
- 7 team members and 2 providers on contact leave for COVID-19.
- 101,862 vaccinations (included boosters) administered.
- To schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment:
- Use online scheduling assistant at stormontvail.org/covid19/vaccine
- Call (785) 270-4786.