We Together: A Communication of Stormont Vail Health (May 03, 2022)
Dear Community Partners,
Here are today’s updates:
- May 4th Events Focus on Resiliency
- Current Status at Stormont Vail Health
May 4th Events Focus on Resiliency
Two events on Wednesday, May 4, will focus on building individual and team resiliency with expertise from Mayo Clinic’s Sherry Chesak, Ph.D, M.S., R.N., and Stormont Vail team members. These events coincide with Mental Health Awareness Month in May.
- “Finding Strength in the Darkest of Times: Evidence-Based Methods for Building Individual and Team Resilience” with Dr. Chesak will be noon to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday in Pozez Auditorium. The seminar is offered in person to Stormont Vail Health team members and volunteers only. Community clinicians, EMS, and students may participate via Zoom. You can find the link here: https://bit.ly/3r6sL1u
- A Facebook Live event, “Q&A Conversation on Preventing and Managing Burnout and Compassion Fatigue,” will be 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Wednesday on the Stormont Vail Facebook page. This community event will feature Dr. Chesak, Brian Avila, Laura Kruger, and Ashley Toyne, RN. Facebook cannot be accessed through the Stormont Vail network.
Stormont Vail Health is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, which provides our organization, providers and patients with special access to Mayo Clinic’s knowledge, expertise and resources. Among benefits are eConsults to assist in the diagnosis or management of patient care, access to patient education tools and materials, collaborations, and health care education and consulting.
Current Status at Stormont Vail Health
- Shawnee County’s 7-day cases per 100,000 people was 74.9 at the end of last week, up from 62.0 the prior week. This is lower than the northeastern U.S., which is averaging more than 250 per 100,000.
- 6 inpatients are COVID-19 positive.
- 71% of recent COVID-19 admissions are unvaccinated or had last dose/booster more than 6 months ago.
- COVID-19 inpatient discharges (previous week): 10. Deaths: 0.
- 4 COVID-19 positive patients in the outpatient Enhanced Primary Care program.
- 7.1% of people tested for COVID-19 at Stormont Vail facilities the past seven days were positive. This is up from 5.4% last week.
- 8 team members and 4 providers on contact leave for COVID-19. Total of 12, which is down from 15 last week.
- 103,618 vaccinations (included boosters) administered.
- To schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment:
- Use online scheduling assistant at stormontvail.org/covid19
- Call (785) 270-4786.