Adult Volunteer Program
Ages 18 and older
Adult volunteers agree to a commitment of one shift per week or two shifts per month for a 4-month commitment.
Adult Volunteer Application
- Applications will be accepted year round.
- A commitment of at least one shift per week (or 2 shifts per month) for a 4-month commitment is required.
- Complete the application process and participate in a free health assessment and Mandatory Orientation/training sessions, as required.
- All healthcare workers (e.g. employees, medical staff, providers, volunteers, contractors, Vendors and students) will be required to submit proof of Covid-19 vaccination to Employee Health. Proof of vaccination is defined as having completed a full Covid-19 vaccination series as Defined by the CDC (e.g. 2 dose series for Pfizer or Moderna, 1 dose for Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen and any associated booster shots required for full vaccination) and provide proof of Completion of the vaccine(s) to Stormont Vail Employee Health or designee.
- Volunteers must purchase their own uniform top through Volunteer Services. Uniforms may be purchased at Orientation or First day of Volunteering. (Cash or Checks are payable to Stormont Vail Health)
How to Apply
- Submit an Adult Volunteer Application online. (If you are a college student, please go to the College Volunteer Page.)
- Review the list of volunteer assignments at Volunteer Opportunities.
- You will receive a phone call or email within 3-5 business days after you have submitted your application. If you do not hear from our office please call (785)354-6095 (Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm)
- Location: All interviews will be held in the Volunteers Office, North Patient Tower, basement level of Stormont Vail Hospital, 1500 S.W. 10th St. Follow signs from the hospital’s main entrance.
- Please allow half an hour to complete the interview process.
- If you are age 18 or over, you will complete an additional form at the interview which will ask for your Social Security number and previous names (such as maiden name, name prior to adoption or previous married name) for a criminal background check.
- If you are accepted into the volunteer program, your volunteer placement will be provided at the conclusion of the interview.
- Details about a Mandatory Orientation and Health Assessment regarding dates and locations will be given at the time of the interview.
- At the Health Assessment the applicant’s photo will be taken.
Preparing for Your First Day
After the mandatory orientation, you will be contacted by a Volunteer Services team member to set a date for your first day of volunteer service.
On your first day, report to Volunteer Services to receive your ID badge, sign final paperwork, and get introduced to your volunteer area.