Cotton O’Neil Orthopedics & Sports Medicine brings together the expertise of physicians and surgeons, certified athletic trainers, and physical and occupational therapists in one convenient location. Our team specializes in the complete health care for professional, amateur and recreational athletes from diagnosis to treatment and recovery.
At Cotton O’Neil Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, our experts provide crucial services to ensure you can overcome injuries and get back in the game. Some of the services we offer include:
- Athletic screening and on-site evaluation of athletic injuries
- Athletic training services
- Education of student athletes and coaches to prevent injuries
- First-aid and emergency management of athletic injuries
- Injections — PRP, prolotherapy, stem cell therapy
- Injury prevention, care and rehabilitation
- Concussion screening and management
- Sports physicals
- Functional movement screening and correction
- Sports medicine reconstructive surgery
- Diagnostic imaging, radiology services, digital X-ray, MRI and ultrasound
Common Sports Injuries
The types of injuries athletes sustain vary based on the sport they play. However, sports injuries can be classified into two groups — acute injuries that happen suddenly and chronic injuries that develop over time.
Acute sports injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Knee injuries (such as ACL and meniscus tears)
- Rotator cuff tears
- Sprains and strains
Chronic sports injuries include:
- Achilles tendon injuries (most common in runners)
- Runner’s knee
- Stress fractures
- Tennis elbow
The Stormont Vail Health Difference
One of the greatest stories in sports is the comeback – an athlete or team who seems down-and-out turns the corner and succeeds. At Stormont Vail Health, we’ve helped countless athletes heal then achieve.
Don’t be sidelined with an injury. From sprains and fractures to tears and dislocations, let our expert orthopedists help you get back in the game.
An Ace Orthopedic Surgeon
Sports and injuries go together like baseball and Cracker Jack®. From high-performing professional athletes to weekend warriors, it’s nearly impossible to find an athlete who hasn’t hurt themselves at some point in their career. Most sports injuries are due to either trauma or overuse of muscles or joints. Some sports injuries can be serious enough…
Meet the Real A-Team
“If you have a problem, if no one else can help, maybe you can hire the A-Team.” In 1983, the now iconic A-Team made their debut on the NBC television network. The show focused on a “crack commando unit” with unique character traits and specialties. The main A-Team members comprised of Lieutenant Colonel John “Hannibal”…