We Together: A Communication of Stormont Vail Health (June 14, 2022)
Dear Community Partners,
Here are today’s updates:
- Recognizing the Selfless Act of Organ Donation
- Current Status at Stormont Vail Health
Recognizing the Selfless Act of Organ Donation
It takes a truly special, kindhearted person to save the lives of complete strangers. Stormont Vail Health is honoring organ and tissue donors during our Celebration of Life event, taking place on Friday, June 17, from 3 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Stormont Vail Health Pozez Education Center.
During the Celebration of Life event, we will show a memorial video, display our Gift of Life Memorial Wall, and distribute care packages to honor donor heroes. If you have a loved one who has donated their organs at Stormont Vail, you can sign up for the event at: https://www.stormontvail.org/patient-resources/organ-donation/.
We will also be hosting a special organ donation theme “Walk with a Doc” on Saturday, June 18, 9 a.m. at Washburn University — meet on the east side of Lee Arena. Join Dr. Jared Elliot, Internal Medicine specialist, as he discusses the impact organ donors make and the lives they help save. Learn more by visiting https://calendar.stormontvail.org/event/walk-with-a-doc-in-topeka-06182022/.
Finally, organ donation T-shirts are available for purchase in the Stormont Vail Health Auxiliary Gift Shop. This is a great way to spread awareness about organ donation while also giving back. Proceeds from the sales will help support the Stormont Vail Health Auxiliary, which then funds programs and projects throughout the hospital.
Current Status at Stormont Vail Health
- 8 inpatients are COVID-19 positive.
- 74% of recent COVID-19 admissions are unvaccinated or had last dose/booster more than 6 months ago.
- COVID-19 inpatient discharges (previous week): 17. Deaths: 0.
- 11 COVID-19 positive patients in the outpatient Enhanced Primary Care program.
- 16.6% of people tested for COVID-19 at Stormont Vail facilities the past seven days were positive. This is down from 18.1% and 17.1% the previous two weeks.
- 19 team members and 4 providers on contact leave for COVID-19.
- 104,910 vaccinations (included boosters) administered.
- To schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment:
- Use online scheduling assistant at stormontvail.org/covid19/vaccine
- Call (785) 270-4786.