COVID-19 Update (08.06.2021)
Dear Community Partners,
August often is a month we see transitions and new beginnings. A new school year starts. Fall sports leagues begin their practices. The hot, humid summer temperatures begin the transition into fall with cooler nights. Gardeners see their summer gardens winding up, but can plant cool season vegetables to take them into fall.
I think most of us looked to this time hoping we wouldn’t be sending our students and teachers into classrooms when our region was experiencing new surges in the COVID-19 pandemic. But that’s our reality.
I sincerely ask each of you receiving this communication to think deeply about what you can do to help our community, our healthcare workers, our children and teachers in the coming days and weeks. How can you make a difference in ending this pandemic?
Get the vaccine. Educate and encourage others to vaccinate. Wear a facemask at appropriate times. Avoid crowds. Social distance. Wash your hands. Thank you.
Here are today’s updates:
- COVID-19 Scorecard
Here’s a look at today’s COVID-19 scorecard:
- We have 30 inpatients who are COVID-19 positive today, with 93% of current COVID-19 inpatients unvaccinated. Vaccinated is defined as fully vaccinated individuals for greater than 14 days since the last immunization.
- From the previous day – COVID-19 inpatient discharges: 5. Deaths: 2.
- We have 79 COVID-19 positive patients in the outpatient Enhanced Primary Care program.
- Overall percentage of symptomatic patients testing positive for COVID-19 at Stormont Vail facilities the past seven days is 16.4%. Unvaccinated individuals accounted for 79% of the positive tests the past seven days.
- We have administered 86,978 vaccinations, which includes first and second doses of the vaccine.
- All Kansans age 12 and older are eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
- COVID-19 vaccines are available through the Stormont Vail Retail Pharmacy, 2252 S.W. 10th
- To schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment:
- Go through your Stormont Vail MyChart
- Use the online scheduling assistant at stormontvail.org/covid19/vaccine
- Call (785) 270-4786.
- Walk-ins are welcome from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Robert Kenagy, MD