1500 S.W. 10th Ave.
Topeka, KS 66604
Maternal Fetal Medicine
Care for High-Risk Mother. Unborn Baby.
Welcome to Maternal Fetal Medicine at Stormont Vail HealthCare.
Maternal Fetal Medicine provides highly specialized care with a compassionate touch for moms-to-be who need a little extra care.
There are many reasons you may have been referred to Maternal Fetal Medicine. It is important to remember that our specially trained perinatologists, certified sonographers, nurses, genetic counselors and social worker are here to provide the best possible outcome for you and your baby.
Before you arrive at your appointment there are a few things you should know:
- A staff member will call you to set up your appointment.
- Expect your appointment to take a minimum of an hour and as long as two hours.
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your first appointment.
- Click here for a Health History form.
- Please bring the completed health history form to your first appointment.
- Carefully plan and limit the number of people who will accompany you to your appointment.
- Children are NOT allowed in the sonogram room. Please refrain from bringing children to your appointment as they can distract you from the important health information your doctor will be sharing. If your children must attend, please bring someone along who can monitor them in the waiting room during your appointment.
- If you are meeting with a genetic counselor, please bring family medical history.
- If you are meeting with a diabetes specialist, please bring your blood sugar readings for the past seven days.
Complications can arise during pregnancy and when they do Maternal Fetal Medicine exists to provide the best possible care when those complications are more difficult than normal.
Sonogram technology helps our perinatologists diagnose and most effectively care for you and your precious baby. If you receive a sonogram in our clinic, we will be happy to tell you the gender of your baby if we are able to distinguish it clearly, but that is NOT the main purpose of our examinations.
For questions about your appointment, please call (785) 354-5952