We Celebrate Local Veterans’ Service & Stories
As a proud supporter of veterans who work in and receive care from our organization, Stormont Vail Health has organized several recognition opportunities to honor Veterans Day.
Veterans Day Flag Raising Ceremony
As a proud supporter of veterans who work in and receive care from our organization, Stormont Vail Health is recognizing Veterans Day during a ceremonial flag raising at the Stormont Vail Topeka and Flint Hills Campus Hospitals on Friday, Nov. 10.
Topeka Campus Hospital Ceremony
- Time: 8 a.m.
- Where: South entrance flagpole
- Conducted by: Topeka Arab Shrine Legion of Honor
Flint Hills Campus Ceremony
- Time: 9 a.m.
- Where: Rooftop sundeck, third floor (Accessible via the main lobby elevator)
- Conducted by: Irwin Army Community Hospital Color Guard
- Standing room only; no seating allowed on the rooftop
Veterans Day Recognition Stickers
On Saturday, Nov. 11, our door screeners will give recognition stickers to patients and team members who identify as veterans. We encourage veterans to wear their stickers throughout the day. If you see someone with a sticker, please take a small moment to thank them for their service and ask if they’d like to share their story!