We Together: A Communication of Stormont Vail Health (Dec 27, 2022)
Dear Community Partners,
Here are today’s updates:
- Angela Stueve Joins Our Family Medicine Team
- Recognizing Our Learning, Talent and Development Team
- Stormont Vail Nutritional Services Supports Toy Drive
- “To Your Health” on WIBW-TV Thursday
- Current Status at Stormont Vail Health
- Flint Hills Joins Stormont Vail on Sunday
Dr. Angela Stueve Joins Our Family Medicine Team
A native Kansan, Dr. Angela Stueve was born in Topeka and grew up in Meriden. Even at a young age, she had a passion for learning, especially when it came to science. Dr. Stueve would take that passion for education with her when she enrolled at Washburn University. Upon receiving a Bachelor of Science in biology from Washburn University, she would later attend the University of Kansas School of Medicine, where she received her Doctorate of Medicine.
“There’s never been a day where I’ve come home and felt like I didn’t help anyone,” Dr. Stueve said. “I like being an integral part of my patients’ lives.”
Welcome, Dr. Angela Stueve! Get to know Dr. Stueve more on a video on her Stormont Vail web page. We are proud to have you on our team.
Recognizing Our Learning, Talent and Development Team
What better way to mentally prepare for a New Year of care-giving than recognizing those that give care to us every day? The Learning, Talent and Development (LTD) team are always going above and beyond to provide the care, education, and support that our team members need in order to provide top-quality care for our community of patients. Read this week’s blog to learn more about what this team of incredible individuals accomplishes!
Stormont Vail Nutritional Services Supports Toy Drive
Stormont Vail Health’s Nutritional Services recently partnered with Toys For Tots to host a holiday toy drive. The toy drive started on Nov. 15 and ran through Dec. 15.
Visitors and team members were encouraged to bring an unwrapped toy for children in shelters, safe houses, and hospitals. It was a wonderful success and the toys collected will bring joy and happiness to children in need.
A big thank you to the Nutritional Services team for your kind-hearted generosity in hosting this special event!
“To Your Health” on WIBW-TV Thursday
Holiday resolutions and goal setting for 2023 will be featured on Thursday’s WIBW-TV “To Your Health.” The segment will air at 10 p.m. on WIBW-TV, Channel 13. The segment will typically repeat at 5 a.m. and 6 a.m. Fridays on 13 News This Morning and be posted on wibw.com.
Current Status at Stormont Vail Health
The weekly COVID-19 scorecard is posted on the Stormont Vail website. Here are highlights are from the scorecard:
- 17 inpatients are COVID-19 positive. This is similar to 15 last week.
- 95% of recent COVID-19 admissions are unvaccinated or had last dose/booster more than 6 months ago.
- COVID-19 inpatient discharges (previous week): 24. Deaths: 0.
- 4 COVID-19 positive patients in the outpatient Enhanced Primary Care program.
- 12.9% of people tested for COVID-19 at Stormont Vail facilities the past seven days were positive. That is similar to 10.8% last week.
- 24 team members and 1 providers on contact leave for COVID-19. The total of 25 people on contact leave this week compares to 29 last week.
- 111,050 vaccinations (included boosters) administered.
- To schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment:
- Use online scheduling assistant at stormontvail.org/covid19/vaccine
- Call (785) 270-4786.
Flint Hills Joins Stormont Vail Health on Sunday
The integration of the Geary Community Hospital and rural health clinic in Junction City into Stormont Vail Health becomes official this Sunday. A ribbon cutting Stormont Vail Flint Hills is planned for noon Tuesday, Jan. 3, at the front entrance of the Junction City hospital. All team members are invited. Thank you for all of the hard work that everyone has contributed to this effort to provide health care services in our region.
Today’s communication will be the only “We Together” communication sent this week. The communication will return on Jan. 3. Have a Happy New Year!