We Together: A Communication of Stormont Vail Health (Jan 10, 2022)
Dear Community Partners,
Here are today’s updates:
- Wright to be Honored at Retirement Reception
- K-State PA Students Begin Clinicals with Stormont Providers
- Community Open House Thursday at Stormont Vail Health Flint Hills
- Current Status at Stormont Vail Health
Dr. Wright to be Honored at Retirement Reception
A retirement reception to honor George W. Wright, M.D., for his nearly 30 years of service to our patients and community will be from 2 to 3:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 13, in the Administration area at Stormont Vail Health’s Topeka hospital.
Dr. Wright is Vice President, Primary Care, and a family practice physician. He has been a leader in Primary Care for many years and moved to the vice president role just as the COVID-19 pandemic swept through the Midwest. He has helped develop and support innovative care approaches such as the enhanced primary care program and the CARE clinic, which is for patients dismissed from the hospital without a primary care provider or who no longer receive care through a practice. He did this while he was also caring for patients and supporting his colleagues.
We thank Dr. Wright for his years of care and service to our community and organization, and wish him the very best in retirement.
K-State PA Students Begin Clinicals with Stormont Providers
The inaugural class of the Kansas State University Physician Assistant program will begin clinical rotations throughout the Stormont Vail Health system beginning this week. We appreciate the many SVH providers who have committed to 222 clinical rotations during the 15-month period. KSU program leaders have expressed sincere gratitude for our support and have described it as unparalleled.
Special thanks to everyone who contributed to the successful launch of this program. Please welcome these students, offer assistance when possible, and help teach them about our mission and culture. This is a great opportunity to recruit future providers and to demonstrate what makes our culture unique and distinctive. If you are interested in being a preceptor, reach out to [email protected], or contact Mary Martell, Vice President and Regional Administrator, at [email protected].
Community Open House Thursday at Stormont Vail Health Flint Hills
Don’t forget about the Community Open House at Stormont Vail Health Flint Hills from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday. This will an opportunity to share information about services provided the Junction City facility, jobs available at Stormont Vail, how to sign up for MyChart and learn about the community programs that the Stormont Vail Foundation supports…and to pick up some Bulgogi. For more information about this tradition, read the Stormont Vail’s blog.
Current Status at Stormont Vail Health
The weekly COVID-19 scorecard is posted on the Stormont Vail website. Here are highlights are from the scorecard:
- 15 inpatients are COVID-19 positive. That is the same number as last week.
- 95% of recent COVID-19 admissions are unvaccinated or had last dose/booster more than 6 months ago.
- COVID-19 inpatient discharges (previous week): 20. Deaths: 0.
- 5 COVID-19 positive patients in the outpatient Enhanced Primary Care program.
- 9.5% of people tested for COVID-19 at Stormont Vail facilities the past seven days were positive. That is similar to 10.9% last week.
- 17 team members and 2 providers on contact leave for COVID-19. The total of 19 people on contact leave this week compares to 18 last week.
- 111,250 vaccinations (included boosters) administered.
- To schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment:
- Use online scheduling assistant at stormontvail.org/covid19/vaccine
- Call (785) 270-4786.