We Together: A Communication of Stormont Vail Health (Mar 16, 2023)
Dear Community Partners,
Here are today’s updates:
- ANCC Magnet Site Visit to be May 1-3
- “Just Another Magnet Monday” Podcast – Episode 3: Professional
- It Takes a Village – Flint Hills Team Welcomes New Workers
- March is Social Work Month
- Current Status at Stormont Vail Health
ANCC Magnet Site Visit to be May 1-3
Stormont Vail Health will be hosting surveyors from the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program® May 1 through 3. Stormont Vail has received the prestigious Magnet® recognition three times from the ANCC – in 2009, 2014 and 2019.
The Magnet Recognition Program recognizes health care organizations for quality patient care, nursing excellence and innovations in professional nursing practices. Core values such as empowerment, pride, mentoring, nurturing, respect, integrity and teamwork are demonstrated in Magnet organizations.
Stormont Vail applied for redesignation of Magnet by submitting documentation that provided stories and evidence it is meeting ANCC criteria. During their visit, surveyors will meet with nurses and many other team members to learn about Stormont Vail’s operations and culture.
A public notice is being posted in the Topeka hospital and clinic locations. To view the public notice, go here.
“Just Another Magnet Monday” Podcast – Episode 3: Professional Development
Episode three of “Just Another Magnet Monday” dives into career advancement. We talk about the benefits of professional development in nursing and the various strategies and resources available to help you achieve your career goals.
This episode will provide you with insight and inspiration whether you’re a new nurse or a seasoned professional looking to take your career to the next level. The podcasts were developed to help our organization prepare for the Magnet surveyors’ visit May 1-3.
You can listen to episode three of Just Another Magnet Monday here on stormontvail.org or through Apple. You can also listen while you’re on the go, on your personal devices, through Spotify– just search “Just Another Magnet Monday.” Episodes one and two are also available through the above links.
It Takes a Village – Flint Hills Team Welcomes New Workers
The proverb that “It takes a village” has become ingrained at the Stormont Vail Health Flint Hills Campus. This team is one that understands it takes many people, working together, to achieve common goals. When news that the Flint Hills Campus lab staff would be welcoming four new lab techs from the Philippines, this proverb once again, rang true.
Moving to Kansas from the Philippines is a huge undertaking and full of unknowns. The Flint Hills campus team wasted no time in planning how to make their new teammates feel welcome and at home in Junction City. They not only helped them find housing, but they also turned the house into a home by getting all of the items needed for it to be move-in ready. A list of more than 50 items was posted and in less than 24 hours Flint Hills team members had signed up to donate everything from a washer and dryer to pots and pans. The new team members were met at the airport in Kansas City and welcomed by Ruth Dela Cruz, Regional Manager of Laboratory Services. Learn more about how the “village” at Stormont Vail Flint Hills Campus made these new team members feel welcome.
March is Social Work Month
March not only brings spring showers, it also provides the opportunity to celebrate the profession of social work. Those who chose the profession of social work have a strong desire to help others and make our community a better place. We know at Stormont Vail the positive contributions our social workers bring to our patients and our organization, so please take a moment during Social Work Month to tell our social workers how much we appreciate them!
Current Status at Stormont Vail Health
The weekly COVID-19 scorecard is posted on the Stormont Vail website. Here are highlights are from the scorecard:
- 12 inpatients are COVID-19 positive. That compares to 8 last week.
- 98% of recent COVID-19 admissions are unvaccinated or had last dose/booster more than 6 months ago.
- COVID-19 inpatient discharges (previous week): 15. Deaths: 2.
- 6 COVID-19 positive patients in the outpatient Enhanced Primary Care program.
- 11.4% of people tested for COVID-19 at Stormont Vail facilities the past seven days were positive. That is similar to 10.7% last week.
- 7 team members and 1 providers on contact leave for COVID-19. The total of 8 people on contact leave this week compares to 21 last week.
- 111,653 vaccinations (included boosters) administered.
- To schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment:
- Use online scheduling assistant at stormontvail.org/covid19/vaccine
- Call (785) 270-4786.