We Together: A Communication of Stormont Vail Health (Dec 13, 2022)
Dear Community Partners,
Here are today’s updates:
- Stormont Vail Health Blog: Standing Out with Guest Experience
- Sarah Gideon Recognized by Kansas Farmers Union
- Santa Visits Young Patients
- Current Status at Stormont Vail Health
Stormont Vail Health Blog: Standing Out with Guest Experience
“Not a lot of other hospitals have a Guest Experience Services department,” says supervisor Kaci Copas. And she’s right – Stormont Vail Health isn’t like the others – we stand out!
Our Guest Experience Services team makes first impressions that last, lends a helping hand when needed, and offers quality assistance in areas that other healthcare organizations don’t.
Find out what makes the difference for our guests by reading the latest Stormont Vail Health blog here. Thank you, Guest Experience Services, for putting your special touch on the care we provide, starting at the front door. It doesn’t go unnoticed!
Sarah Gideon Recognized by Kansas Farmers Union
Congratulations to Sarah Gideon, Executive Director, Health Innovations Network of Kansas (HINK), for being recognized by the Kansas Farmers Union (KFU) at its recent state convention in Salina. KFU honored the legacy of Ruth Hirsh through an award in her name which was presented to Sarah as being an individual who has made a significant contribution to agriculture and the efforts of the Farmers Union. The award recognized Sarah for her outstanding advocacy for family farmer mental health.
Ruth Hirsh was an advocate for a viable education program in the Farmers Union, both for children and the general public.
Santa Visits Young Patients
Santa made a quick stop in Topeka earlier this month for a special visit to Stormont Vail Hospital to see some of our young patients. He made a point to spread joy, happiness and peace to our patients, their parents and guardians and team members.
Thank you to our Stormont Vail team members who escorted Santa to see the children at our hospital. See photos of St. Nick’s visit here.
Current Status at Stormont Vail Health
The majority of Kansas counties are now in the “high” category for the COVID-19 cumulative incidence rate, which is 100 or more cases per 100,000 population. This rate is calculated by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment and utilizes the symptom onset date. The most recent data covers the period following Thanksgiving through Dec. 2.
Below are highlights from the Stormont Vail weekly COVID-19 scorecard. The scorecard is posted on the Stormont Vail website. Here are highlights are from the scorecard:
- 25 inpatients are COVID-19 positive. That is an increase from 14 inpatients COVID-19 positive last week.
- 95% of recent COVID-19 admissions are unvaccinated or had last dose/booster more than 6 months ago.
- COVID-19 inpatient discharges (previous week): 24. Deaths: 1.
- 1 COVID-19 positive patient in the outpatient Enhanced Primary Care program.
- 11.2% of people tested for COVID-19 at Stormont Vail facilities the past seven days were positive. That is similar to 11.5% last week.
- 32 team members and 2 providers on contact leave for COVID-19. The total of 34 people on contact leave this week is down from 52 last week.
- 110,769 vaccinations (included boosters) administered.
- To schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment:
- Use online scheduling assistant at stormontvail.org/covid19/vaccine
- Call (785) 270-4786.