We Together: A Communication of Stormont Vail Health (Oct 11, 2022)
Dear Community Partners,
Here are today’s updates:
- High School Student Talks About Her Career Passion
- Baker School of Nursing Receives High Ranking
- Trauma and Critical Care Symposium this Friday
- We Care, We Vote: One Week to Register to Vote in General Election
- Current Status at Stormont Vail Health
High School Student Talks About Her Career Passion
Leanna Hansen, a junior at Topeka High School, found her career passion through the Topeka Center for Advanced Learning and Careers (TCALC) and has been able to explore different opportunities. Now in the Medical Professionals Pathway, she found her calling – forensic anthropology. She is also seeking to further her career dreams through an internship with Stormont Vail. Leanna shared her story at a recent Community Breakfast sponsored by the Topeka Public Schools Foundation. Read her story now!
Baker School of Nursing Receives High Ranking
RegisteredNursing.org – a nursing advocacy organization –released its annual list of Best RN Program and Baker University’s RN program was ranked as one of the best in Kansas for 2023, with details at: https://www.registerednursing.org/state/kansas/#show
Nursing programs were assessed on several factors which represent how well a program supports students toward licensure and beyond. The survey analyzed past and present first-time NCLEX-RN “pass-rates” – weighted by year. Information about the methodology is available online: https://www.registerednursing.org/rn-ranking-methodology/
Trauma and Critical Care Symposium this Friday
The 2022 Stormont Vail Health Trauma and Critical Care Symposium will be Friday, Oct. 14, in Pozez Education Center at Stormont Vail Hospital. The symposium is 7:50 a.m. to 4:50 p.m.
This year’s symposium features Bellal Joseph, M.D. with the University of Arizona College of Medicine in addition to Stormont Vail Health staff. The conference includes didactic lectures and afternoon skill stations. For details and registration, to stormontvail.eeds.com
We Care, We Vote: One Week to Register to Vote in General Election
There is one week left to register to vote in the Kansas general election. To vote in the upcoming general election on Nov. 8 you must be registered by Oct. 18.
To register to vote online visit: https://www.kdor.ks.gov/apps/voterreg/. To check your voter status, find your polling location, or preview your ballot visit: https://myvoteinfo.voteks.org/VoterView.
If you have moved or changed your name, you must re-register. Additionally, if you will be 18 years old by Nov. 8, you can register now to vote in the General Election.
Current Status at Stormont Vail Health
The weekly COVID-19 scorecard is posted on the Stormont Vail website. Here are highlights are from the scorecard:
- 13 inpatients are COVID-19 positive. Last week we had 18 patients who were COVID-19 positive.
- 98% of recent COVID-19 admissions are unvaccinated or had last dose/booster more than 6 months ago.
- COVID-19 inpatient discharges (previous week): 29. Deaths: 0.
- 1 COVID-19 positive patient in the outpatient Enhanced Primary Care program.
- 8.5% of people tested for COVID-19 at Stormont Vail facilities the past seven days were positive.
- 8 team members and 1 providers on contact leave for COVID-19.
- 478 vaccinations (included boosters) administered.
- To schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment:
- Use online scheduling assistant at stormontvail.org/covid19/vaccine
- Call (785) 270-4786.