We Together: A Communication of Stormont Vail Health (July 19, 2022)
Dear Community Partners,
Here are today’s updates:
- Congratulations to Deb Yocum; YWCA Leadership Honoree
- Current Status at Stormont Vail Health
Congratulations to Deb Yocum; YWCA Leadership Honoree
Congratulations to Deb Yocum on being named a 2022 YWCA Women of Excellence Award Nominee!
The YWCA of Northeast Kansas has been recognizing outstanding women leaders in the northeast Kansas area for the past 34 years and will be hosting a gala to present the Women of Excellence Awards. The gala will be 6 to 10 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 10, at Townsite Avenue Ballroom in downtown Topeka.
Stormont Vail Health will be celebrating Deb, Vice President of Strategic Development, who has dedicated over 30 years to our organization and has been an instrumental leader in growing access to health care services for eastern Kansas residents.
Deb’s nomination exemplifies the leadership and passion she has given to this community and continues to give on a daily basis, “As an operations leader and vice president for Stormont Vail Health, she was instrumental in expanding the Cotton O’Neil Clinic from 70 physicians in Topeka, KS in 1995 to over 500 providers at 28 locations across 13 counties today, providing almost 800,000 visits every year. During her tenure, Deb developed Cotton O’Neil’s Heart Center, Cancer Center, Digestive Health Center and Express Care services among many other advancements. Every new Stormont Vail and Cotton O’Neil facility or service over the last three decades, has Deb’s leadership behind it.”
Deb is grounded in a strong work ethic, brings joy and humor to all aspects of her life, and is a kind and generous person who contributes monumentally to her community. We are grateful, honored and excited she is on the Stormont Vail Health team. Congratulations, Deb!
Current Status at Stormont Vail Health
The weekly COVID-19 scorecard is posted on the Stormont Vail website. Here are highlights are from the scorecard:
- 13 inpatients are COVID-19 positive. This is a similar level as last week.
- 80% of recent COVID-19 admissions are unvaccinated or had last dose/booster more than 6 months ago.
- COVID-19 inpatient discharges (previous week): 27. Deaths: 1.
- 1 COVID-19 positive patient in the outpatient Enhanced Primary Care program.
- 31.8% of people tested for COVID-19 at Stormont Vail facilities the past seven days were positive. That is similar to percentage last week.
- 63 team members and 4 providers on contact leave for COVID-19. The total of 67 people on contact leave this week is up from 60 last week.
- 105,610 vaccinations (included boosters) administered.
- To schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment:
- Use online scheduling assistant at stormontvail.org/covid19/vaccine
- Call (785) 270-4786.